Thursday 23 June 2022

Interview With Fashion Designer George Yang

Hi There..... Do you like leather jackets? Are you ready for a new fashion designer interview? 


Picture provided by George Yang

You had better be because I am. Then again, you probably are, otherwise, you might not be reading this fashion designer interview. I love to have the power to keep you waiting until I feel like writing. ๐Ÿ˜œ

Nah, of course not. I feel ever so lucky people take the time to read my blog posts. Sometimes life throws me a curveball and I have to postpone writing until the next day, but I try to be on call twice a week. ๐Ÿ˜‰

I know, lots of writers have blog posts queued up for days like that, but that's just not me. When I am not writing, I am knitting, sewing, or beading, on other days you can find me sipping a cool drink on a terras somewhere. Life is too short not to enjoy every minute. ๐Ÿ˜

Let's see what the 43-year-old George Yang, fashion designer for PalaLeather, has to tell about his life. ๐Ÿ˜Š

 Picture provided by George Yang

What kind of work do you do, or what are you studying to be? 

Complete annual and seasonal product design and development according to the brand's product positioning.

What made you decide to become a Fashion Designer?

It runs in the blood of our family. I grew up watching my elders and the workers crafting leather garments.

Our great-grandfather was a skilled tailor who owned a small tailor shop. Later on, he expanded his business and opened a manufacturing company of leather jackets. 
That’s how I became interested in fashion and wanted to show my style and designs. 
 

Is fashion important to you? Why? 

Fashion means a lot to me. I am deeply influenced by my family culture. 
Since I was a child, I would always look forward to the latest trends and the most fashionable aesthetic styles of the year. Whenever I am exposed to a new trend, I love to immerse myself in the trends and feel the change and beauty of the fashion world.
 
Picture provided by George Yang

What are your successes, and how did you achieve them?

Our family business was once dying and almost failed, but at a family gathering, we decided to revive it by re-branding and re-financing. I took on this immense responsibility and through my tireless efforts, it thrived and we explored opportunities overseas. 

When I took over and managed our family's factory, I was always committed to winning over competitors by QUALITY. I got the best suppliers for leather and hardware. Every leather garment goes through a rigorous quality control process to ensure that it is ready for the market. 

We are known for our QUALITY. Our customers love our products and through their word of mouth and recommendations, our factory has grown bigger and bigger. This year, we even got a partnership with Lamborghini! 
 

Is the name of the Brand important to you when you buy clothing?

Yes. A brand is a business card for consumers & it represents a huge role when purchasing clothing. Most people also buy clothing with a brand name.
Compared to brandless competitors, the essence of branding is that it gives greater value to your products & services.
 

Describe your personal style of clothing?

My designs are more on the side of understated luxury fashion pieces. You can see the superior quality and exquisite craftsmanship in the details of each piece.
 

How did you find your personal style? Do you have a signature look? 

I think fashion will always be about expressing yourself. 
I like it, I wear it. I want it, I wear it. 
 
Picture provided by George Yang

What are in your eyes the best trends at the moment?

For me, Strap Accents are the best trend in 2022. We are seeing crop tops with a strapped waistband across the stomach, strappy dresses, and bralettes. They are trendy at the moment. 

Poly Pleated Skirts are also gaining popularity recently. Pleats and tucks are designs that suit everyone. Simple gathering pleats and tucks can easily upgrade a casual top to cozy party looks. 
 

What are in your eyes the worst trends at the moment?

Adding glossy chain belts on the garments can be the worst trend in 2022. 
Whether it's a low-key shimmer or a more visually striking highlight chain belt or clothing hardware, I think these can only be used on specific fabrics and occasions. It is difficult to make this trend versatile as casual wear. Especially if you have cheap fabrics. I think it looks miserable.
 

What kind of fashion advice would you give us?

Your fashion style should be comfortable, not time-consuming, and very personal. You should express yourself in your style. Wear the most suitable and beautiful version of yourself. Wearing the right style of your own will make you confident. Just be yourself. You do not have to dress up too hard, find the right one for you.
 

Who is your style icon and why?

I love Hedi Slimane. He is a great artist, designer, stylist, and photographer. I am fascinated by his iconic tight black suits and rocking unisex covers. With his fluid, unisex tailoring style, Slimane designed all kinds of leather jackets, narrow-waisted coats, and low-collared shirts, breathing new life into YSL's secondary label Rive Gauche Homme. He brings his unique razor-thin aesthetic to the forefront.

 Picture provided by George Yang

Thanks George for giving us your insight into fashion. I think your leather jackets look very stylish. ๐Ÿ˜Ž

Hope you like my blog.....Until next time.....Have a nice day 

Renata (Seadbeady)

Enjoyed this post? Never miss out on future posts and receive the next blog posts in your Email inbox  

Follow me on Instagram

Join me in my Facebook group to get more involved, if you want to be in my next gift guide, or just keep in touch 

Want to be on my blog next time?? Want me to review your product?? Just send me a message.

Liked my blog post? Share it with your friends by using the buttons below, or let me know what you think with a comment.

12 comments:

  1. That's interesting that he says pleated skirts are in style. I don't think everyone can wear a pleated skirt though.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Immensely enjoyed your interview with designer George. Stylish products.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Leather jackets are a staple of my wardrobe! Love the interview.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am a big proponent of faux leather! You can find some really nice pieces these days and much cheaper.

    ReplyDelete
  5. wonderful styles and wonderful work. fashion designers are my people (after photographers) to talk to: always energetic, intelligent and creative

    ReplyDelete
  6. I haven't heard of that designer before. It's interesting listening to people who are so passionate about what they are doing.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This was such a great interview! I love the look of leather jackets but somehow I still don't own one. Pleated skirts are my favourite trend at the moment too! Thank you so much for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Although it's a competitive market it must be quite fun being a fashion designer. One of my daughters would love to design clothes for a living.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks for this nice interview, enjoyed my read here
    Cheers Siennylovesdrawing

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is an awesome interview with the designer. I have one leather jacket that I bought from the charity shop, and it was a good buy. The weather here in VIC Australia also a good place for leather outfit.

    ReplyDelete
  11. That's a wonderful interview. I love leather jackets and have a couple of them in my wardrobe.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great interview. I have never owned a leather jacket - can you believe it!!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Your reaction will be visible after being approved

How to connect with European Brands or Small shops and Bloggers or Influencers

Hi There.....Would you like to connect with others? Yes..... Cool..... I might have the perfect solution for you..... No..... Ok, I am cool ...