Saturday 11 June 2022

Interview with Fashion Stylist Jodie Filogomo

Hi There..... Would you like to be inspired by another fashion blogger for my new fashion stylist interview? 


Picture provided by Jodie Filogomo

No, I am not talking about a guest post on my blog, because that is not my thing. I did it once and didn't like the way the other fashion blogger wanted to dictate the rules. 😣

Even though people say it helps to get more eyes on your blog, it's my blog, so my rules. If my blog wasn't the way she wanted it, why would she want to be on it? 😕

I am always open to suggestions, though. If you have constructive criticism, you can share it with a comment at the end of this blog post. 😊

Ok, I might just ignore it, but you never know I might surprise you. 😁

High time to let Jodie Filogomo do the talking. She is the 56-year-old founder of Jodie’s Touch of Style and the voice behind the outfits. 😍

Picture provided by Jodie Filogomo

What kind of work do you do, or what are you studying to be? 

I’m a fashion inspirer (I know some women use the term influencer, but I would rather inspire people). 
As a fashion blogger, I not only put together our outfit choices but also create the written article around them. 

What made you decide to become a Fashion Stylist?

I’ve always had a love of clothing that is part of my genes from my mother. It’s one reason I include my mother on my site. My mom is a master seamstress and has taught me a lot, especially in accessorizing and alterations. 
 

Is fashion important to you? Why? 

I believe that our outside appearance is more important than many people think. As visual animals, we notice and unconsciously judge people by what they wear. 
I think we can project either a serious or lighthearted air with our daily looks. 

What are your successes and how did you achieve them?

My original career was as a cosmetic dentist, where I succeeded in having my practice for over 22 years. They nominated me for a local magazine’s Best Dentist 6 years in a row. 

As a fashion blogger and stylist, my successes are different. My biggest source of pride is when I get emails from women saying how much I’ve inspired them to wear more colorful items or to think differently about their bodies and style choices. 

Picture provided by Jodie Filogomo

Is the name of the Brand important to you when you buy clothing?

Absolutely not!! I think the brand is the least important aspect of our clothing because we are the only ones that know what brand it really is. Even if there is a logo on the clothing, I don’t think it makes us look better. 
 

Describe your personal style of clothing?

My personal style is multi-dimensional, just like my personality. What I will say is that most days I choose colorful clothing and enjoy switching it up. One of my superpowers is making every piece of clothing extremely versatile. 

How did you find your personal style? Do you have a signature look? 

I found my personal style by experimenting and being open to new and different ways to dress. I feel like we close ourselves off if we only choose to wear one style or one company's clothing.

My signature look?? That’s a hard one because I play in all the style categories. 
In the summer, I would say it would be a bright dress!! 
 

In what way do you influence other people’s clothing style?

I definitely showcase and influence other women to wear more color instead of only wearing neutrals. Color is a hugely powerful aspect of our wardrobe and we should take advantage of it. 

I’m also a huge advocate of embracing the bodies we have, and many women appreciate that instead of feeling the need to cover up as our bodies change. 
 
Picture provided by Jodie Filogomo

What are in your eyes the best trends at the moment?

I love the fact that there are SO MANY options available, especially in the jeans trends. For instance, you can still find skinny jeans at the stores, but you’re also seeing a lot of the wider silhouettes. 

To me, style should be as unique as our personalities, so it’s good to have options. 
 

What are in your eyes the worst trends at the moment?

This is where my Pollyanna trait comes in… I don’t think there are any bad trends. Sure, I may not wear the micro-mini skirts personally. Then again, I have layered a short tutu over another dress, so I bet I could make it work. 

If I had to say a terrible trend, that would be the rules and articles that say women over 50 shouldn’t wear this or that. 
 

What kind of fashion advice would you give us?

Stop being swayed by someone else. If we all follow the “fashion rules” then we would all look the same, and that would be a shame. Each of us is a unique person, and we should dress that way.

The other thing is that older women should stop trying to blend in. That makes us invisible, and instead, we should try to stand out for all the wisdom and experience we have.
 

Who is your style icon and why?

Without question Helen Mirren. I would have answered this question this way even before she was just featured on the cover of People Magazine.

I love that she not only embraces her wrinkles but has a no-nonsense approach to life. 
 

Is there something else you would like to share with us?

Life is too short to worry about what other people think of what you are wearing. Try all the different trends and shapes, and enjoy your style. Granted, it takes time to feel more confident this way, but it’s well worth it. 

Picture provided by Jodie Filogomo

Thank you Jodie for answering my questions. Couldn't agree more that life is too short to worry too much. 😍

Hope you like my blog.....Until next time.....Have a nice day 

Renata (Seadbeady)

Enjoyed this post? Never miss out on future posts and receive the next blog posts in your Email inbox  

Follow me on Instagram

Join me in my Facebook group to get more involved, if you want to be in my next gift guide, or just keep in touch 

Want to be on my blog next time?? Want me to review your product?? Just send me a message.

Liked my blog post? Share it with your friends by using the buttons below, or let me know what you think with a comment.

3 comments:

  1. she styles wonderfully and I absolutely LOVE her target audience. I find it very inspiring and actually such style heavily affected my own. seeing women who could have been mother or grandmother even wearing colors and making bold fashion statements allowed myself more freedom in mine.

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh wow! Jodie is awesome. I love her designs, very practical, stuff you'd wear every day.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree, people do judge by outside looks. It's too bad but it's true. I love the jean jacket look!

    ReplyDelete

Your reaction will be visible after being approved

How to connect with European Brands or Small shops and Bloggers or Influencers

Hi There.....Would you like to connect with others? Yes..... Cool..... I might have the perfect solution for you..... No..... Ok, I am cool ...