Wednesday 28 December 2022

Interview With Jewelry Designer Amber Kers

Hi There..... Are you in for another jewelry designer interview?


Picture provided by Amber Kers

I am, so you will have to be as well. Just read the darn blog post. Now tell me, what have you got to lose other than a little of your precious time? 😉

I order you to do so. I am telling you, there is no need to be stubborn about this.  😈

Are you still reading on? So cool, I never in a million years thought this would work. What difference does it make if I say sorry? If I offended you, it’s likely you aren’t even reading anymore, or are you?  😲

Perhaps it’s just like an extremely boring movie. You keep watching, hoping it might get better to the end. Ok, I am honestly sorry if I upset you. Oh my, I hope I haven’t lost new readers just by pulling your leg a little.  😏

Some people may already realize that it’s just not my fault. I had no say in the process of my making, so it’s all my parent’s fault. They made me into the person I am today.  😂

Now that’s what I would call a good lead to get to the next part of my blog post. What made Amber Kers into the jewelry designer she is today?  😍

Picture provided by Amber Kers

What are your name, function, and the company you work for? 

My name is Amber Kers, and I am the owner of Amber Krs Jewelry

How old are you?

32

What kind of work do you do, or what are you studying to be? 

I am a jeweler, metalsmith, and gemologist. From time to time, I dabble in lapidary (gemstone cutting and faceting) but I'm very new to the art and still learning. 

What made you decide to become a Jewelry Designer?

I’ve always had a love for jewelry and creating pieces. I just didn't realize I could turn my hobby into a career. It wasn't until I realized I couldn't, nor did I want to, do anything else. I didn't want to work for someone else's dream, but wanted to work for myself. 

Is fashion important to you? Why?       

Absolutely, it's an expression of who you are or who you want to be. It's one of the easiest ways we can represent our own unique individuality.                                                                                                                          

What are your successes, and how did you achieve them?

My biggest success is being able to wake up every day and do something I love. I achieved that by having people close to me believe in what I was doing, working hard, and never giving up. Success is truly a mindset and if you really want to make something happen, you can. 

Picture provided by Amber Kers

What’s something you might want to do in the future?

I would love to one day own a brick-and-mortar store, showcasing not only my jewelry but other artists as well. I would also love to start gemstone mining. It's really important to connect with the source and since I have always been a rockhound, it would be so much fun to mine gemstones, cut them, and feature those in my jewelry. 

Is the name of the Brand important to you when you buy clothing?

No. I've bought designer brands before and they have not stood the test of time. Meanwhile, I have clothes from Target I've had for years! I think for a lot of brands, it's just a status symbol. I have no problem telling people who compliment my outfit that I got it at a TJ Maxx or Plato's Closet. It almost feels like a win, because I can look this good and I got a deal! 

Describe your personal style of clothing?

This is a hard question because I don't like to box myself in. I just wear what I like or how I'm feeling that day. It's all about comfort and texture. I like neutral tones and black, not too much color for me. If you dress on trend, that just means your style will come and go. I like timeless looks.  

How did you find your personal style? Do you have a signature look? 

By wearing what I like and having a knack for putting stuff together and never underestimating the power of layering. Since high school, I don't think my style has changed much. I've always just wanted to feel comfortable and like to look good. I love a good black onesie, jeans, a blazer, a big belt, and boots. Simple, comfortable, and timeless.  

Picture provided by Amber Kers

Do you have an influence on other people’s clothing style?

I'd sure like to think so. People compliment my outfits or ask me where I got certain clothing items or jewelry and I'm always happy to share, so it can inspire them to create a look that compliments their style. 
 

What are in your eyes the best trends at the moment?

People are wearing what feels right to them, and I'm all about it. You shouldn't be boxed into certain trends or “norms” just wear what makes you feel more like you and not someone else. 

What are in your eyes the worst trends at the moment?

It’s insane to me that 90s and early 2000s trends are coming back around. I didn't think I'd be this young to see it. 

What kind of fashion advice would you give us?

Stop caring so much. I know this sounds contradictory but a majority of the outfit compliments I've had have been me just throwing something on. Be more natural and effortless, just be comfortable. 

Who is your style icon and why?

I don't have one, be your own style icon! I think certain people have influenced me throughout the years, but I can't point to anyone in particular and say I want to emulate this person.  

Is there something else you would like to share with us?

Follow me on Instagram @amberkrsjewelry for some beautiful handmade jewelry that's one of a kind. 

Picture provided by Amber Kers

Thanks, Amber, for answering my questions. I love the style of your jewelry, so delicate and fine. 😍

Hope you like my blog.....Until next time.....Have a nice day 

Renata (Seadbeady) 

Enjoyed this post? Never miss out on future posts and receive the next blog posts in your Email inbox  

Follow me on Instagram

Join me in my Facebook group to get more involved, if you want to be in my next gift guide, or just keep in touch 

Want to be on my blog next time?? Want me to review your product?? Just send me a message.

Liked my blog post? Share it with your friends by using the buttons below, or let me know what you think with a comment.

11 comments:

  1. I absolutely love her pieces and her vibe. Such a cool woman.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I worked in a jewellers for a lot of years and wish I had gotten more into jewellery making as I found it fascinating. It's something that I'd love to get into x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree that fashion is an expression of us. This is lovely interview and learned something from it. Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh wow!!! Working in jewelry design must be very rewarding and creative. I love it...Amber's designs are stunning.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a great field! Love the interview! Thank you for sharing it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ooh I love her pieces...super nice! :D I especially love the bracelet! Great interview :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. That’s looks like a great interview. Good to read about her and the jewellery looks so pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  8. A lovely interview with Amber Kers, great to learn more about what she does and her passions

    ReplyDelete
  9. A lovely interview with Amber Kers, great to learn more about what she does and her passions

    ReplyDelete
  10. Liked it, loved the bit where she says, wear what feels like you and not someone else.

    ReplyDelete
  11. It was really interesting reading Amber's answers and learning more about her and her brand, and I LOVE her jewelery!

    ReplyDelete

Your reaction will be visible after being approved

How to connect with European Brands or Small shops and Bloggers or Influencers

Hi There.....Would you like to connect with others? Yes..... Cool..... I might have the perfect solution for you..... No..... Ok, I am cool ...