Friday 10 March 2023

7 Tips To Grow Your Instagram Profile And Become a Social Media Influencer

Hi There..... Are you a social media influencer? Would you like some tips on how to grow your Instagram profile?


Picture by Seadbeady

I opened my Instagram account in January 2017 but had no clue how to use it properly, let alone how to get more followers. 😬

Perhaps you have the same desire as me back then and desperately want to know how to grow your Instagram profile. 😦

It's no fun posting pictures and videos but getting no response, especially when you had a dream about becoming a big social media influencer. I am sorry, but there is no easy way to grow unless you buy followers. πŸ˜’

Are you crazy? There is no need to buy anything. It's an option I never even considered. Still, there is no easy way if you don't want to spend a dime. There is only the hard way. 😁

Let's start with something that's quite easy, and helps you to get seen, and that's also my first tip. πŸ˜‰

Picture by Seadbeady

Tip 1: Convert your Instagram profile to a business profile.

There are a few advantages to having a business profile on Instagram. You get a range of tools you don't have in a personal or creator account which might help you. 

You gain more insight through useful statistics about your followers, engagement, and views. It's also easier for customers to contact you. Here is a link on Buffer on how to convert your Instagram profile.

Picture by febrian eka saputra on Pixabay 

Tip 2: Like the posts in your niche

Start by liking lots of posts from your target group. Let me explain, if you focus on fashion, search for hashtags such as #fashionlovers #fashiondesigners #ootd, etc. Not that I have anything to gain by telling you this, but to find relevant hashtags I can recommend https://www.flick.social/

When you click on those hashtags, you will find an overview of popular and recent posts. Start liking the recent posts. Since most accounts don't get many likes on their posts, you quickly get their attention. Some might ignore you, but others will repay you with a like on your post.

Picture by Seadbeady

Tip 3: Comment on 9 new posts every 12 hours

Choose 3 hashtags in your niche and give a friendly comment on 3 posts for every hashtag. Reactions such as 'nice', or 'great' will not be enough. The more effort you put into giving a personal response, the better. Do this 2 times a day with preferably 12 hours in between.

Tip 4: Start posting photos regularly

Sharing a post now and then won't work. It's quite a lot of work, but try posting a photo or video every 2 or 3 days. Work ahead, make an overview of your ideas, or work with a content calendar. If you post every day, you notice your Instagram profile will gain followers little by little.

Picture by Gordon Johnson on Pixabay 

Tip 5: extensively use hashtags on your posts

Hashtags are a handy way to get more exposure for your photos. For more reach, find the relevant hashtags for your post. You can use a maximum of 30 hashtags per post. Don't use the same ones over and over. You can use them more than once, but try to make a mix of different hashtags.

Picture by wendy CORNIQUET on Pixabay 

Tip 6: Ensure higher involvement

Involvement, or 'engagement', ensures a higher reach of your posts. If more people like or comment on your photo, the reach increases enormously. 

The best way to improve engagement is to also like and respond to posts from your followers. If they then see a post from you, the chance that they will like or comment on your photo is much bigger. It's a matter of give and take, but on Instagram.

Tip 7: Don't randomly follow anyone

I don't advise you to just randomly start following people, not even if they are in your niche. Wait for them to follow you and then give them a follow back. The reason for this is that you can only follow a maximum of 7500 Instagram accounts in total. Sorry to have burst your bubble. 


Those were my 7 tips to gain followers on your Instagram profile. I wish you good luck on your further quest to become a social media influencer.

If you aren't on Instagram yet, then this next post could be helpful to get you started:

Hope you like my blog.....Until next time.....Have a nice day 

Renata (Seadbeady) 

Enjoyed this post? Never miss out on future posts and receive the next blog posts in your Email inbox  

Follow me on Instagram

Join me in my Facebook group to get more involved, if you want to be in my next gift guide, or just keep in touch 

Want to be on my blog next time?? Want me to review your product?? Just send me a message.

Liked my blog post? Share it with your friends by using the buttons below, or let me know what you think with a comment.

7 comments:

  1. Dit vind ik echt heel fijne tips! Net als jij toen je begon snap ik weinig van Instagram. Dus dit kan me misschien helpen.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ik heb meerdere accounts op insta van lifestyle tot niche. En de niche accounts lopen duidelijk veel beter dan de lifestyle. Het is te veel alles van wat

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a good and useful tips! I personally find Instagram really difficult because of the algoritme and all.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is more accurate than any post I read before. I'm working on growing my IG nowadays and will definitely try these tips. Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wat een fijne tips zijn dit. Een aantal ga ik toepassen

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you for these tips; definitely helps me as I continue to work on figuring out how to grow my IG further; love the tip of commenting every 12 hours (and did not know there is a limit to how many we can follow)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am trying to grow my Instagram and so this was really helpful! Thank you for sharing your tips!

    Lauren - bournemouthgirl

    ReplyDelete

Your reaction will be visible after being approved

How to connect with European Brands or Small shops and Bloggers or Influencers

Hi There.....Would you like to connect with others? Yes..... Cool..... I might have the perfect solution for you..... No..... Ok, I am cool ...