Sunday 26 March 2023

Interview With Makeup Artist Katherine Lugo

Hi There..... Would you like to learn more about how to enhance your inner and outer beauty? Are you ready for a new makeup artist interview? 


Picture provided by Katherine Lugo
If you’re like me, then you’ve spent countless hours binging on YouTube makeup tutorials and trying to perfect your makeup looks. 😎

Then again, I hope you aren’t too much like me because lots of those attempts didn’t end up quite like I would have liked them to. 😜

Do you have trouble drawing a clean line under your eyes with a pencil as well? Oh my, you should see me sometimes when I mess up. 😏

Then again, maybe better not. The image might come to haunt you in your dreams. 😱

I have a pencil with which I can draw my line effortlessly, but then after a while, my eyes get itchy, all watery, and the next day my lashes seem to be glued together. Ooh, I love it when that happens. 😁

But let’s be real, sometimes no matter how hard we try, we just can’t seem to get it right. That’s where our guest today comes in. 😉

Perhaps we can pick up some great tips from her interview. Get ready to be inspired and learn a thing or two! 😍

Picture provided by Katherine Lugo

What are your name, function, and the company you work for?  

Katherine Lugo, Makeup Artist and founder of Luka Cosmetics.

How old are you?

Thirty-nine. 

What kind of work do you do, or what are you studying to be? 

Boss, business owner, and makeup artist.

What made you decide to become a Makeup Artist?

I was naturally good at it and loved being creative.

Is beauty important to you? Why? 

Yes, I love all things beauty as a makeup artist and love helping women enhance their inner and outer natural beauty. 

What are your successes, and how did you achieve them?

For me, personally, my biggest successes have been cultivating a beautiful and well-rounded lifestyle, a happy work environment, and finding joy in all aspects.

Picture provided by Katherine Lugo

What’s something you might want to do in the future?

I would love to create a Body care and Fragrance line. 

Is the name of the Brand important to you when you buy make-up?

I think it’s important to educate yourself on what different brands stand for. You can learn a lot about a brand's quality and motives that way.

Describe your personal makeup style?

Timeless and classic! I love winged eyeliner, polished foundation, and a nude lip. 

How did you find your personal style? Do you have a signature look? 

I always joke that I have two modes: Sporty Spice or Posh Spice. Either I’m in monochromatic workout clothes or dolled up to the nines in some heels. I love everything girly, feminine, and elegant. 

Do you have an influence on other people’s make-up or clothing style?

I believe everyone is an influencer. As a makeup artist, though, I believe I’m directly influencing people’s looks every time I work with them.

Picture provided by Katherine Lugo

What are in your eyes the best trends at the moment?

I love that “Clean Beauty” and “Non-Toxic makeup” are finally catching on!

What are in your eyes the worst trends at the moment?

I’m not a person who usually loves trends. I think the worst trends are the ones that aren’t timeless. 

What kind of beauty advice would you give us?

Stick to what feels good to you and your body. Everyone is always going to have an opinion, so I believe you should be true to yourself and have fun!

Who is your style icon and why?

I adore Cate Blanchett. In every stage of life and every movie, she can always rock any look. She’s so stylish, timeless, and beautiful!
 

Is there something else you would like to share with us?

Because of my love for Clean beauty and my background as a Makeup Artist, I founded LUKA Cosmetics. 

It’s an all-natural and organic cosmetic line that specializes in high-performance makeup that’s good for you and enhances your natural beauty. It’s important to me to support women and I love to do that through my brand. 

Picture provided by Katherine Lugo

Thanks, Katherine, for answering my questions. Creating a fragrance line sounds very appealing to me too.

Hope you like my blog.....Until next time.....Have a nice day 

Renata (Seadbeady) 

Enjoyed this post? Never miss out on future posts and receive the next blog posts in your Email inbox  

Follow me on Instagram

Join me in my Facebook group to get more involved, if you want to be in my next gift guide, or just keep in touch 

Want to be on my blog next time?? Want me to review your product?? Just send me a message.

Liked my blog post? Share it with your friends by using the buttons below, or let me know what you think with a comment.

1 comment:

  1. Trends is important but I don't keep up with them haha. Took me a while find my personal style. Wonderful interview! And nice to meet you Katherine!

    ReplyDelete

Your reaction will be visible after being approved

How to connect with European Brands or Small shops and Bloggers or Influencers

Hi There.....Would you like to connect with others? Yes..... Cool..... I might have the perfect solution for you..... No..... Ok, I am cool ...