Sunday 7 May 2023

Interview With Fashion Model Maggie Vlasaty

Hi There..... Are you ready to meet a new fashion model and actress? Maybe it's about time to peek behind the scenes of the fashion industry.


Picture provided by Maggie Vlasaty

Well, hold on to your haute couture, because I’ve got the inside scoop on one of the most driven models out there. At least, that is my opinion. I wonder if it matters? 😕

We often perceive fashion models as individuals who solely focus on their appearance and physical fitness. Something that is absolutely the case. 😇

Nah, of course not. Behind the glamorous photoshoots and runway shows, there is a world of creativity, dedication, and hard work. Ah, ok, that must be the reason I like to write about models, because they are creative, just like me. 😁

Nope, that’s not a joke. I am waiting for a new shipment of witty remarks to arrive because I am all out at the moment. That would be cool if I could just order them online. 😂

Well, don’t let my silly remarks or this model’s stunning looks fool you - there’s more to this beauty than meets the eye. 😊

When she’s not working her magic in front of the camera as a fashion model, she’s behind the scenes acting. 😎

Time to fasten your seatbelts and prepare for an exciting journey. I guarantee this dive into the fashion industry to be fun! 😍

Picture provided by Maggie Vlasaty

What is your name? How old are you?

Maggie Vlasaty, 24 years old

Are you on Social Media? How many followers do you have?

I am active on Instagram! I have just above 1.3k followers.

Do you work Full-time or Part-time as a Fashion Model?

I am a full-time model and actress.

What made you decide to become a Fashion Model?

Ever since I was a kid, I would feel a connection with characters on television and practice out scenes by myself. 

When I got a little older, my sister and I watched America’s Next Top Model, and I got infatuated again by the distinct characters, themes, ideas, and stories. I remember so vividly telling my sister one day that I wanted to be a model, and she said “You totally could,” and I’ll never forget that feeling of confirming my dreams out loud.

How many hours do you spend modeling?

It really depends. Some weeks I’ll spend 20-30 hours, others 50, 10, or less. I would say when I’m in front of the camera, it’s typically only a handful of hours at a time. But, when I’m not on set, I’m always working - sending auditions, attending castings, and submitting photos.

Picture provided by Maggie Vlasaty

Is fashion important to you? Why?

I love fashion in the sense that I can use it to express both myself and a story for a campaign or project. It’s important, I'd say, but I definitely have other things that are of a higher priority in my life. 

Fashion is an interest of mine, and I spend my free time usually reading fashion magazines, watching runway shows or reviews online, and studying what stylists and designers are putting together. I really enjoy it.

What are your successes and how did you achieve them?

I’ve done a handful of campaigns with some very large brands; some of those haven’t come out yet, but I am excited to see and share them. I am constantly scanning castings, but I’d say that the more that I put my personality out there and express myself, the more I can book jobs that are truly meaningful.

What’s something you might want to do in the future?

I’d like to dive deeper into acting, beyond reading some lines for a product commercial or giving a one-liner as a background character. Outside of my career, I want to find my place in the fight against climate change. I am a climatarian now and do what I can to cut down on plastics and make use of more sustainable products, but my goal is to make a true impact and give that part of my life a larger focus.

Is the name of the Brand important to you when you model clothing?

Yes, and no. Yes, in the sense that if I know a brand doesn’t have a good reputation or is generally unethical, I will stay away from it. But “No” as well, because to the extent that a brand name may be small or unknown to me, it does not in any way discourage me from considering working with them, especially if their mission and values align with mine.

Describe your personal style of clothing?

I’d say my style is a mix of minimalistic, athletic, and secondhand. I try to bring some flair into my clothing by using statement pieces I find while thrifting, but often you’ll see me rocking neutrals, blacks, and whites.

How did you find your personal style? Do you have a signature look?

Through a LOT of trial and error. I consider myself a reflective person - meaning that I reflect my surroundings through my mannerisms and sense of style - and I’d say I went through a variety of styles growing up, even up to now. 

I was an athlete in high school and studied sports in college, so you could usually find me in some sort of athletic apparel. It took me a while to really figure out how to dress once I determined wearing sweats all the time wasn’t going to cut it in an office job.
I don’t consider my style a signature, but you can usually find me in something centric, timeless, and comfortable.

Picture provided by Maggie Vlasaty

Do you have an influence on other people’s clothing style?

I’d say probably not.

What are in your eyes the best trends at the moment?

Great question. I’m loving the multiplicity that we are seeing with jeans right now. For the longest time, I think we were swapping out between different styles of jeans, but I think we’ve hit a point where anything goes - skinny, flair, bootcut - it all works. I love that, and so do my wallet and closet. I also love the more subtle hints to the early 2000s again; neons, chunky shoes, bold see-thru tops (and bottoms!).

What are in your eyes the worst trends at the moment?

I don’t know if there is anything that marks itself as the “worst” in my eyes, but I am seeing a trend of almost a plateau in creativity. I’ll explain: I feel like I’m seeing more people wearing “more, bigger, brighter” exaggerated items, and I almost see that as a lack of creativity. 

I’m not super educated on the world of fashion, and I think that some of the pieces
are cool, but some things truly are a little too over-the-top for my personal taste.

What kind of fashion advice would you give us?

Fashion is an individual experience and expression. What works for you, works for you. If others seek your advice and guidance, great! In the end, however, fashion is for me the ultimate form of visual self-expression.

Who is your style icon and why?

I would say that the previous years have gone solely to Emma Chamberlain and Billie Eilish, but recently I have been loving the styles that Mimi Cutrell puts together. She is talented enough to work in any sector of fashion, and the styles she puts together for Madelyn Cline specifically are uber-amazing to me.

Is there something else you would like to share with us?

Nope - thanks for this!

Picture provided by Maggie Vlasaty

Thank you, Maggie, for taking the time to answer my questions. I think your pictures are very inspiring.

If you have some time on your hands, you're welcome to look through some of my past interviews with fashion models:

Hope you like my blog.....Until next time.....Have a nice day 

Renata (Seadbeady) 

Enjoyed this post? Never miss out on future posts and receive the next blog posts in your Email inbox  

Follow me on Instagram

Join me in my Facebook group to get more involved, if you want to be in my next gift guide, or just keep in touch 

Follow me on Bloglovin to save posts, create collections, and follow other blogs all in one  

Want to be on my blog next time?? Want me to review your product?? Just send me a message.

Liked my blog post? Share it with your friends by using the buttons below, or let me know what you think with a comment.

10 comments:

  1. Amazing when you work full time something you love and passionate about since young age. Nice to meet you Maggie!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That provided some interesting insight into the life of a model. It sounds like a lot of their team is spent hustling to find modeling jobs

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wat leuk om het verhaal achter het model te lezen.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a love and passion! Super inspiring! I enjoyed the interview.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ik ben niet zo bekend in dit wereldje, maar vind haar een leuke frisse uitstraling hebben.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wat een leuk intervieuw heb je gehad met Maggie. Mooie fotos ook

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wat leuk om meer te lezen over het verhaal achter het model.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Clearly a natural beauty and not a made one. This is really inspiring and I wish we will soon hear (see) more and more from here.

    ReplyDelete
  9. The interview with fashion model Maggie Vlasaty was amazing!You did a great job of asking thoughtful and engaging questions, giving readers insight into Maggie's experiences in the industry. It was inspiring to read about Maggie's journey and the challenges she's overcome. Thank you for sharing this captivating interview!

    ReplyDelete
  10. It's refreshing to see the acknowledgment that fashion models are not just beautiful faces, but also have talents and interests beyond their modeling careers. The mention of this particular model's involvement in acting behind the scenes adds depth and showcases the diverse skill set that many models possess.

    ReplyDelete

Your reaction will be visible after being approved

How to connect with European Brands or Small shops and Bloggers or Influencers

Hi There.....Would you like to connect with others? Yes..... Cool..... I might have the perfect solution for you..... No..... Ok, I am cool ...