Wednesday 13 January 2021

Interview with Fashion Designer Lauren DeCarli

Hi There..... Are you ready for another Fashion Designer Interview? A view behind the scenes of the Fashion Industry?

I hope you love them as much as I do. I really want to know, because if you like these interviews, I am going to find some more Fashion Designers. Unless they find me, that would be even better. πŸ˜„

I think they deserve to be in the spotlight. Don't you agree? 😊

That gives me a new idea. Maybe I should include jewelry designers too. After all, they are also a part of the fashion industry. I have to be careful not to get too many ideas because all those ideas have to translate into blog posts afterward. πŸ˜•

Always remember, "All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy.". That's what Jack from The Shining said. If you know the movie, you understand that it's not a good thing to do too much work. Thus, I would suggest to sit back, relax, and read my blog post. 😏

I have to admit that these kinds of posts are easier for me. All I have to do is talk some nonsense, copy and paste the Fashion Designer's answers and do some editing. 😁

After all, as Roald Dahl said, "A little nonsense now and then is relished by the wisest men." So if there are any of these wisest men reading this blog post, I am sure they will relish my nonsense. Otherwise, too bad. πŸ˜‚

The designer I am featuring today is Lauren DeCarli. She is the 30-year-old Founder and Chief Creative Office of Paneros Clothing.


What kind of work do you do, or what are you studying to be?

I founded Paneros Clothing, an ethical and sustainable clothing brand that focuses on using smarter fibers & fabrics, responsible manufacturing, quality over quantity, limiting pollution, and limiting waste. 

As a founder of a small brand, I wear a lot of hats, but the bulk of my work is designing our ready-to-wear women’s collection and working on our locally made limited edition upcycled products, content creation, social media marketing, and fulfillment.

Is fashion important to you? Why? 

Fashion is very important to me because it allows you to transform yourself, it’s something anyone and everyone can take part in, it’s creative, and it allows you to express yourself and evolve continually. It’s self-expression, which I believe is so important.

What are your successes and how did you achieve them?

Within the last 12 years, I have worked my way up to Senior Designer of a major fashion company and launched my own sustainable clothing brand. I achieved my successes by working really hard, not giving up, taking risks, and learning from others. 

Working in the industry, making mistakes, making connections, having successes, and learning what I wanted to do, and knowing what I didn’t want really helped me to launch my company. 

While designing at my previous company, I never let my status get in the way of learning. There was never a job I felt I was too good for. This helped me learn a lot about the entire process and all the minor details and processes that go into a business. 

Is the name of the Brand important to you when you buy clothing?

When I was younger, it definitely did. I think I and many people see a brand name as a status symbol. Now, I think of the brand name on a broader scale. 

For example, designer brands are usually of higher quality, nicer fabrics, better garment construction, etc. so now I really look to them for their quality aspect as opposed to a status symbol. 

I look at brand names differently than I used to in terms of what does that brand stand for. I look at their values, their practices before I decide if I am going to purchase from them or not. 

Describe your personal style of clothing?

I have a very eclectic personal style. It all depends on my mood or where I’m going. I really appreciate many styles and like that I don’t have to restrict myself to wear just one style of clothing. 

It’s fun to mix things up and to bring out different feelings. Some days I feel very feminine and I’ll wear a dress with lots of ruffles and other days I feel more tomboyish. 

How did you find your personal style? Do you have a signature look? 

I really just shopped what I liked. If I wasn’t into a certain style, I didn’t buy it. I also know what looks good on my body, so I’m not afraid of not following a trend if it doesn’t work for me. I don’t have a signature look; I like to try out fresh looks every day. 

Do you have an influence on other people’s clothing style?

I think I have an influence on other’s style on a small scale. My friends and family will often ask for my opinion on their outfits, or what to purchase for a specific occasion. 

What are in your eyes the best trends at the moment?

I think the voluminous, oversized sleeves are a trend that you can’t go wrong with. It’s something that can stay in style forever and can be dressed up or down. I’m also a sucker for a great blazer, whether it be oversized or more fitted. I don’t think you can go wrong with adding a blazer to your look and am loving the suiting trend. 

What are in your eyes the worst trends at the moment?

I think the fast fashion trend is one of the worst trends since it’s so bad for the environment. They make the products cheaply with poor quality and poor fit. In most cases, the people making those clothes are not being compensated fairly or working in excellent conditions either. Regarding a specific trend, I think the whale tail should go away for good. 

What kind of fashion advice would you give us?

I would say to find out which silhouettes and fits compliment your body and don't worry about being trendy or not. Find quality, timeless, but not basic styles, that look great on your body, and make you feel great and you’ll keep them forever. Fashion is all about how you feel, so don’t get caught up in being the trendiest if they don’t work for you. Stay true to yourself. 

Who is your style icon and why?

Right now I would say Harry Styles because he’s not afraid to break out of the traditional masculine mold. He is having fun wearing different styles and looks and wears what he enjoys. He’s not worried about what others are going to think and he is dressing for himself, not for anyone else. 

Is there something else you would like to share with us?

When you are shopping, I suggest researching the brand to make sure their values align with yours. Are they actually practicing what they preach? Are they just greenwashing consumers? 

I just love those garments. They are so very feminine and romantic, if you ask me. 

I have to admit that I didn't know what this whale-tail fashion trend was, so I looked it up. It's not an actual garment, but it's when the woman's thong is emerging from that garment. I couldn't agree more with Lauren that they should ban that trend forever.

Hope you like my blog.....Until next time.....Have a nice day Renata (Seadbeady) 



Join me in my Facebook group to get more involved or keep in touch 

Want to be on my blog next time ??  Want me to review your product?? Just send me a message at seadbeady@telenet.be 😊

10 comments:

  1. Wow, you have done a great job. I love your ideas.
    i found a white desugner dress brand and i now share it with you. If you visit there website you will fall in love this brand.
    Chekc out it here
    Casual wear for women

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG this brand sounds amazing! Thank you for introing me to them!

    Katie | katieemmabeauty.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such fab ideas for a post and would love to see interviews from jewellery designers. I've not heard of Lauren before, but I love the look of the pieces you included and love her answers xx

    Hannah | https://luxuryblush.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  4. I wish I had the skills to set-up and run my own small business, I'd much prefer to be in control of my own fortunes. Also, you should definitely interview jewellery designers

    ReplyDelete
  5. It was very interesting read this interview because I didn't hear for this fashion designer. Thank you so much for sharing.

    New Post - https://www.exclusivebeautydiary.com/2021/01/kerastase-nutritive-nectar-thermique.html

    ReplyDelete
  6. How great of you to showcase this business! I love how they are ethical and sustainable. The questions you asked were also really great and helped understand the owner and her story. Thanks for sharing x

    www.lynnmumbingmejia.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ik vind de foto's van de jurkjes echt bijzonder leuk!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the questions and answers! You can really see the self development and creativity in the way she explains her points. Loved this!

    www.lifebeginsattwenty.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wat leuk gedaan, en ik ben nieuwsgierig geworden. Ik ga een kijkje nemen.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hele mooie fashion items. En leuk om eens te lezen! <3

    ReplyDelete

Your reaction will be visible after being approved

How to connect with European Brands or Small shops and Bloggers or Influencers

Hi There.....Would you like to connect with others? Yes..... Cool..... I might have the perfect solution for you..... No..... Ok, I am cool ...