Saturday 13 March 2021

Interview with Woman's Fashion Instagram Influencer Jeni Elizabeth

Hi There..... Are you ready for another Instagram Influencer Interview? 

You had better be because this blog post is about woman’s fashion most of all. πŸ˜€

How many followers do you have? I recently made it over 6500 on Instagram, but I had to work so hard to get that far. My first post from January 2017 already had something to do with woman’s fashion. It was a post about a piece of jewelry I was making. 😊

Back then, making and designing beadwork jewelry was my favorite pastime. It never crossed my mind to become an Instagram Influencer. I wasn’t thinking about being a blogger either. 😎

All I wanted was to have fun, share my makes with people, and gain followers. I had no clue how to grow my following. I just winged it. It took me a while to figure out how it all worked. πŸ˜“

When I started, I did not realize that just following others and hoping they would follow me in return was not the best tactic at all. Some of you may not know this either, but there is a maximum amount of accounts you can follow. I found out the hard way. 😡

The maximum is 7500. So sorry to burst your bubble. I know what you are thinking now. Oh yes, I can read all of your minds. You are thinking I am quite a mean girl. 😈

Don’t complain. At least you had someone to warn you. I kept on following people and didn’t quite understand why they got automatically unfollowed after a few minutes. I thought, oh my, what have I done to make Instagram punish me again? They had punished me a few times before for using unfollow apps. 😬

I thought it would probably be ok in a few days, so I kept on trying and got really frustrated. I can tell you, it takes a lot to get me frustrated. You should thank me for bursting your bubble before it got way too big. So I am not as mean as you may think I am. πŸ˜‡

Now that we got that out of the way, let me introduce you to Jeni Elizabeth. She is a 41-year-old Instagram Influencer, and she has just a teeny bit more followers than me. Haha, no, she has over 20.500 followers on Instagram and another 20.400 on Twitter. That’s why she is answering my interview questions today, and not me. 😁


Do you have a day job? Full-time or Part-time? 

Previous to the pandemic, I had been a network and celebrity wardrobe Stylist on shows such as The Real and Martha & Snoop Potluck Dinner Party. In addition, I report lifestyle and fashion segments for WTNH Good Morning CT live at 9am.
I am hoping to be back to work soon as my children are back in school full time! I am an Amazon Influencer as well as an e-commerce fashion writer.
 

How many hours do you spend on Instagram on average? 

3 hours 
 

Is fashion important to you? Why? 

Fashion has always played a very important key role in my life. I have always felt that clothing was an amazing form of self-expression.
I am always drawn to people who take chances with colors and patterns instead of conforming to everyday standard trends. I think it is important for people to SHOW who they are and have fun with color and clothing.
I have also always felt that clothing can make people smile and be happy, and I love that. 
 

What are your successes and how did you achieve them? 

I have been fortunate to have had many successes along the way with my career. I worked with incredible people, networks, celebrities, and production companies. In our line of work, jobs are lined up by word of mouth. Nothing is ever a guarantee.
I have always loved the entertainment community and the family that comes with it. Working on The Real and Martha and Snoop as Lead Stylist was absolutely one of the highlights of my career. I am also very proud that 99% of my clients have remained my friends after our time on set was complete. Dressing someone is a very intimate job, one that I take seriously, and I am proud to say that my clients have felt comfortable enough with me to remain in my life and develop lifelong friendships. 
 

Is the name of the Brand important to you when you buy clothing? 

Name brands have never been important to me. I have had several clients in the past that hold allegiance to certain brands, and I always try to honor that.
However, if left to my own devices, I certainly have my brands I lean-to for quality products, but I am absolutely more of a “mom and pop shop” buyer.
One of the amazing things about my job is that I can offer small shops exposure and perhaps bring them business on a national level, depending on the client or show I am working on. 
 

Describe your personal style of clothing? 

I would always show up on set saying “Don’t worry about how you look, only worry about how I make YOU look!” Being an onset stylist is not as glamorous as it sounds. There are nights where you are lucky to get 4 hours of sleep.
I would say the majority of the crew is usually in sweat pants rocking a side ponytail, especially by day 3!
However, with that said, I also love to have fun with color. I am not a “matchy-match” girl. I love mixing patterns and having fun with clothing.
On any normal given day, you will always find me in leggings and a t-shirt. I will say I love to have fun with my sneakers! Unfortunately, I do not have a job where I can wear Louboutins every day, so I love expressing myself with fun sneakers! 
 

How did you find your personal style? Do you have a signature look? 

I found my personal style by dressing every day in what I felt to be most ME! I have never been a fancy girl, and I have also never felt the need to impress anyone.
As a wardrobe stylist, I think people always expect me to wear the latest fashion and trends.
There are certainly stylists within our industry that feel that way. However, for me, I want to be comfortable, have fun, but be myself.
I think I have always accomplished that. I am a bit of an oxymoron and my friends think it's quite funny. Whereas I work in fashion, you will not see my clothing on the runway! 
 

Do you have an influence on other people’s clothing style?

As a stylist, I think it is important to encourage your clients to take risks and maybe step outside of their comfort zone, while also making sure that they feel comfortable and happy in what they are wearing.
At the end of the day, when they walk onto that stage or set, if they are not comfortable with what they have on, it will read on camera.
I try to influence my clients to have fun, but also embrace who they are. My job is not only to dress them, but also to give them the most self-confidence they can have, and THAT is one of the best parts of my job! 
 

What are in your eyes the best trends at the moment? 

I think coming out of the pandemic, trends and styles have taken a bit of a turn (for the moment). There are not many places to go where you can rock what just came off the runway.
I am loving the comfort jumpsuits, playful masks, amazing sneakers. I am a huge fan of headscarves, so I am excited about that for spring. Yellow is also one of my favorite colors, and I believe it makes people happy, so I am excited about that as well.
I love Easter and Spring months of pastels and fun patterns. Spring heading into summer is always one of my favorite times of the year when it comes to fashion! Coming out of winter months with dark colors is always a fun time! 

What are in your eyes the worst trends at the moment?

Personally, I am not a huge fan of knee-high boots. I love booties and I love a good thigh-high for the right moment. However, I have never really been able to get on board with knee-high boots. I think they cut the leg in half and are not always super flattering.
White knee-high “80’s” boots seem to make a huge comeback for spring, and I am not super excited about that! 
I also have a huge dislike for mock necklines, specifically mock turtlenecks. However, I have a feeling that like denim, they will never really go away! 
 
Those are definitely two items you would have difficulty finding in my wardrobe rooms! 
 

What kind of fashion advice would you give us? 

Embrace yourself. Make people smile. Have fun. Never feel confined. Never feel you cannot be yourself and have fun with clothing. Take chances! If this time in life has taught us anything, it is that you only live once.
Take a chance and wear a pattern or jacket you normally would never wear and see how you feel that day. Let that piece wear you and I bet you won't regret it! 9/10 if you take a chance with clothing that is outside of your comfort zone, someone is going to stop you and tell you how amazing it is, and that feeling will last a lifetime!
Just do it! Who cares what others think! Be yourself!! 
 

Who is your style icon and why? 

I have a couple different style icons. The first would have to be Kate Spade. I think it is clear why! The fun expression and play with colors make the brand (and the late fashion artist) irresistible to me!
I am also a huge fan of Sarah Jessica Parker, as most women are! Her fun with patterns and colors makes me smile every day!
I am also a huge fan of Pucci! 
 

Is there something else you would like to share with us?

Fashion and clothing are a choice. It's the same choice as what color car you choose, or what brand of eggs you buy, organic or non-organic.
My father always told me “never have any regrets”. I live by that piece of advice.
Don’t be the person that says “I wish I could wear that”. Be the person who says “I will wear that!” and then send me a picture of it!!!




I have never met Jeni, but she seems like a very likable person to me. I would like to thank her for taking the time to answer my questions.

If you don't have an Instagram account and you would like to know how to get started, you may be interested in this blog post https://seadbeady.blogspot.com/2020/06/how-to-start-instagram-account.html

Hope you like my blog.....Until next time.....Have a nice day 

Renata (Seadbeady)

Enjoyed this post? Never miss out on future posts and receive the next blog posts in your Email inbox  

Use Follow.it to manage your Email followers

Follow me on Instagram

Follow me on Bloglovin to save posts, create collections, and follow other blogs all in one  

Join me in my Facebook group to get more involved, if you want to be in my next gift guide, or just keep in touch 

Want to be on my blog next time?? Want me to review your product?? Just send me a message at seadbeady@telenet.be 

12 comments:

  1. Interesting post. Interested in sharing lifestyles contents online. Checkout 24ent a Social Media App for Lifestyles.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good questions, good interview. I enjoyed reading the answers. Lovely little nuggets in there... "Let that piece wear you," "Be the person who says 'I will wear that!'" Heard them before but this time it rang different. Good job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dat gaat snel maar ik denk dat fashion wel een aparte tak is op Instagram. Ik blijf hangen op de 830. Ik ga wel iets omhoog. Je kunt me volgen op www.instagram.com/lindaschrijfthetop

    ReplyDelete
  4. The maximum accounts you can follow on Instagram in 7.5k, no matter how many accounts you're following? That's a really weird rule

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love her style and what a great interview!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Leuk om haar foto's te zien! En ik ben onder de indruk van haar hoge hakken : )

    ReplyDelete
  7. Really interesting interview! Thanks for sharing :) I love her style! x

    ReplyDelete
  8. 3 uur per dag valt nog best mee, relatief. Wat een grote hond ook!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Interessant artikel! Ik blijf ook al jaren steken op instagram, echt super irritant!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Super leuk artikel. Heel handige interview. Je hebt altijd leuke blogs.

    ReplyDelete

Your reaction will be visible after being approved

How to connect with European Brands or Small shops and Bloggers or Influencers

Hi There.....Would you like to connect with others? Yes..... Cool..... I might have the perfect solution for you..... No..... Ok, I am cool ...