Wednesday 3 March 2021

Interview with Jewelry Designer รine Breen

Hi There..... Can I ask you a stupid question? 

Yes? Great, here it goes. Do you like jewelry? Or maybe you even like jewelry making? Do you like jewelry with ancient symbols?

Duh, of course, everybody loves some kind of jewelry. There are so many styles, so I can’t imagine that you wouldn’t find anything to love. ๐Ÿ˜Š

I have been busy with other things lately, but one of my many hobbies is jewelry making. Some of you may have read that in one of my previous posts. I am totally addicted to working with the smallest beads available. I have no problem admitting that I am a real seedbeadaholic. There is no cure, but no worries, it is not lethal. ๐Ÿ˜‚

You really don’t want to know how many pieces of bracelets and necklaces I have in my hobby closet. If you do, I am sorry, but I will not start counting them. Some of you may have loads of shoes, I have loads of jewelry. I have something to match any outfit of mine, but there is just one problem, and that is my mind. It is like a sieve, but one with gigantic holes in it. It reminds me of some things, but totally forgets others. ๐Ÿ˜

I will show you a few pieces of what I made at the end of this post, but first, let me talk to you about somebody who also loves jewelry making. The star on my blog for today is the 37-year-old รine Breen, Founder, and Designer of Liwu Jewellery with Meaning. ๐Ÿ˜„


What kind of work do you do? 

I am the designer and founder behind Liwu Jewellery with meaning. 
Liwu means gift, and every gift carries a message and meaning. Designed to speak directly to the heart, each Liwu pieces feature ancient symbols, forged in pure recycled gold or silver. Meaningful fine jewelry, sustainably handmade in Ireland https://liwujewellery.com/

Is fashion important to you? Why? 

I love fashion. It’s important as it lets every individual express themselves and feel good. 

Is the name of the Brand important to you when you buy clothing?

No, not at all. The fabric has to feel good, and in recent years, I got very conscious about buying sustainable and even better, recycled fabric. 
I love smaller and niche brands such as Emily Lovelock and Coster Copenhagen.

Describe your personal style of clothing?

I would describe it these days as laid-back luxe for everyday, and usually more whimsical for occasions. I do like to mix it up if going out socializing. 


How did you find your personal style? Do you have a signature look? 

My personal style has grown from more girlie and whimsical in my 20s to the more practical laid-back luxe today. As a busy working mum of three, easy comfortable clothes that look good are a must. 

What are in your eyes the best trends at the moment?

I love how the pandemic has made it acceptable to wear joggers, yoga-style leggings, and trainers as everyday wear. Brands are launching smarter but still comfortable joggers with patterns!

What are in your eyes the worst trends at the moment?

I am nervous about the return of straight-leg jeans! I prefer my skinnies. 

What kind of fashion advice would you give us?

Always seek good quality fabric. It always lasts longer and more important looks fabulous.

Who is your style icon and why?

I love following @fashion_jackson. She does laid-back luxe so well. 
More style icons I love are Olivia Palermo and Blake Lively.

Is there something else you would like to share with us?

I wanted to be a fashion designer ever since I was a young girl! 

Her aim is to bring the power and beauty of symbols to life through elegant gold and silver jewelry, which can be worn by anyone, anywhere. 

I just love how delicate those jewelry pieces are and they look very elegant if you ask me. You can even take a quiz on her site to find out what fits you best. ๐Ÿ˜

So glad that I also found my first jewelry designer to interview on my blog. After showing all those amazing pieces, I am a bit anxious to show you some of my designs, but a promise is a promise. I could just have deleted that sentence, of course, but what would life be without a few challenges now and then. ๐Ÿ˜‰







Completely different, I know. I occasionally take part in markets, in the hope to sell a few and buy some materials to make some more. Haha, I know it's pointless, but it's fun. ๐Ÿ˜Ž

If you are curious about how I started with beading, you might want to read this post - https://seadbeady.blogspot.com/p/blog-page.html

Hope you like my blog.....Until next time.....Have a nice day 

Renata (Seadbeady)

Enjoyed this post? Never miss out on future posts and receive the next blog posts in your Email inbox  

Use Follow.it to manage your Email followers

Follow me on Instagram

Follow me on Bloglovin to save posts, create collections, and follow other blogs all in one  

Join me in my Facebook group to get more involved, if you want to be in my next gift guide, or just keep in touch 

Want to be on my blog next time?? Want me to review your product?? Just send me a message at seadbeady@telenet.be 


5 comments:

  1. Such a nice interview. Love the questions.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely post! I think this jewellery looks gorgeous and I love hearing about this creator x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow.......it’s good that you interviewEd this designer. She sounds awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Bead jewelry was my fav in school days I used to wear them every day. A d I also love everything to do with gold. Great thing you pulled up a jewelry designer for your work. Like ur work! <3
    Isa A. Blogger
    http://bit.ly/39f9FN0

    ReplyDelete
  5. This was so interesting to read as my Mum makes jewellry! These are some lovely pieces too -- very beautifully done!

    ReplyDelete

Your reaction will be visible after being approved

How to connect with European Brands or Small shops and Bloggers or Influencers

Hi There.....Would you like to connect with others? Yes..... Cool..... I might have the perfect solution for you..... No..... Ok, I am cool ...