Sunday 18 June 2023

Interview With Makeup Artist Bobbie Riley

Hi There! Are you a fan of great makeup looks? Would a new makeup artist interview appeal to you?


Picture provided by Bobbie Riley
Watch as brushes create magic with color on faces! Yes, that’s an order. I am not joking. Sit down and read! 😈

Did it work? Did you listen? Tell me in the comments, because otherwise, I’ll never know. 😩

Would you be so cruel as to keep me wondering for the rest of my days whether you scrolled on to read about the makeup looks in this next makeup artist interview? Questions need to be answered, don’t you agree? 😦

That brings back a memory of a significant question my husband and I had when our children were teenagers. I’m sure many of you have experienced a situation where someone rings your doorbell and then runs away. 😁

It’s not too strange, unless it happens almost every day, both during the day and at night. Indeed, even during the late hours of the night. That’s why we were confident it wasn’t our children playing tricks on us since they were vast asleep. 😍

The truth finally came out just a few days ago, almost 15 years later. At a family dinner, our kids confessed they had made an agreement with the neighborhood kids to ring our doorbell whenever they saw the chance. 😲

In hindsight, I can tell you there were some truly ridiculous moments when we would rush to the window in the middle of the night to see who it could be. 😂

Enough about me. Grab your favorite lipstick and prepare for a wild ride! We're about to dive into a world where faces become masterpieces, where makeup is the ultimate magic trick, and laughter is the best highlighter. 😊

Picture provided by Bobbie Riley

What is your name, function, and the company you work for?  

A: My name is Bobbie Riley. I’m a Makeup Artist and I work for myself, Bobbie Riley Beauty
 

How old are you?

A: I’m 28 years old and I began my career at 17 
 

What kind of work do you do, or what are you studying to be? 

 A: Mostly Commercial, editorial, and film 
 

What made you decide to become a Makeup Artist?

A: Well, I was kind of pushed into it. I never saw it as a career but more as a hobby… I actually didn’t really know I could make a career out of it at first. 
 

Is beauty important to you? Why?

A: Beauty is very important to me, but more in the way of the inner beauty that radiates from us because it holds power in a feminine sense. 
 
Picture provided by Bobbie Riley

What are your successes, and how did you achieve them?

A: Honestly, to be working with the clients/brands I do now is just so next level…little me is bursting (haha). I achieved them through perseverance, practice & creating my wave when nobody believed in my work or how far I could take this, I had to!… working in the industry definitely required a ton of blind faith. 
 

What’s something you might want to do in the future?

A: Create products, do more in the education field, and give back to other artists somehow as artists before me have given to me! 
 

Is the name of the Brand important to you when you buy make-up?

A: it’s not the name of the brand but the quality that matters to me most.
 

Describe your personal make-up style?

A: I love a natural beauty honestly… I like to keep my glam pretty soft so I’m pretty intense with my skincare routine daily and nightly. One of my besties, Elle, upkeeps my lash extensions, which makes it easier to just throw on a little concealer, foundation, blush, a lip and just keep it moving! 

How did you find your personal style? Do you have a signature makeup look? 

A: Sheesh, well, it’s definitely grown over time, as my makeup experience did. At first, I laid it on thick but as I’ve become more comfortable with my features, I have embraced the natural me and I love to let her shine through my makeup look. So you’d typically find me with a little pop in the eye and a very clean editorial look. 
 
Picture provided by Bobbie Riley

Do you have an influence on other people’s makeup or clothing style?

A: That’s a significant question. I don’t really look at whom I influence or who's following, so I don’t know. I just go with what feels good and what makes me feel stylish & beautiful. 
 

What are in your eyes the best trends at the moment?

A: My favorite trends lately are bushy brows, blonde brows, sun-kissed blush on the cheeks/nose, dewy editorial skin, over glossed lip/eye, the cool festival eye decals & cut crease eyes. 
 

What in your eyes are the worst trends at the moment?

A: Cringing, (while I say it because I know everyone else is really into it) I am just not very into the 20s thin brow…. There are very few occasions I’d want to throw it into the look. Too many layers of foundation or a hyper highlighted under eye. 
 

What kind of beauty advice would you give us?

A: Take care of your skin and wear sunscreen. The better health your skin is in, the better the makeup will look and sit. 
 

Who is your style icon and why?

A: Agh, my style icon for like ever has been Rihanna. I love how she mixes girly with a tomboy flare! There’s always something odd but satisfying added to her looks, whether it’s crazy, sexy, cool, or all three! 
 

Is there something else you would like to share with us?

A: Thank you for having me. It’s always fun to share my beauty thoughts! 

Picture provided by Bobbie Riley

Thank you so much, Bobbie, for taking part in my makeup artist interview. I also love those cut crease eyes, but it's evident that your skills in creating makeup looks far surpass mine. 😉

Do you feel like doing some more reading? Check out some of my previous Makeup Artist interviews:

Hope you like my blog.....Until next time.....Have a nice day 

Renata (Seadbeady) 

Enjoyed this post? Never miss out on future posts and receive the next blog posts in your Email inbox  

Follow me on Instagram

Join me in my Facebook group to get more involved, if you want to be in my next gift guide, or just keep in touch 

Follow me on Bloglovin to save posts, create collections, and follow other blogs all in one  

Want to be on my blog next time?? Want me to review your product?? Just send me a message.

Liked my blog post? Share it with your friends by using the buttons below, or let me know what you think with a comment.

2 comments:

  1. It was so good to read about her. I like doing makeup and it’s so much to learn from creative people like her

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love when knowing about people who are passionate about what they do. And even better you are working for yourself. Nice to meet you Bobbie! <3

    ReplyDelete

Your reaction will be visible after being approved

How to connect with European Brands or Small shops and Bloggers or Influencers

Hi There.....Would you like to connect with others? Yes..... Cool..... I might have the perfect solution for you..... No..... Ok, I am cool ...