Saturday 7 October 2023

Interview with Fashion Designer Margo Perkins

Hey there, fabulous readers! Do you know what you get when you mix fancy clothes with being eco-friendly? πŸ€” Let's find out together as we dive into the world of this amazing fashion designer! 


Picture provided by Margo Perkins

I’ve got something exciting to share with you today, and it’s *a huge secret* how thrilled I am about it! πŸ€—

Oh my, you caught me on a lie. No, it’s absolutely not a secret. 😳

Although, I haven’t told you what I am thrilled about, so I can still tell you another secret. That way, it wouldn’t have been a lie. Are you still with me? πŸ˜•

Let me start with the one thing you know about me, and that’s the fact that I’ve always had an immense love for fashion brands that care about our planet. 😍

I mean, who wouldn’t want to wear clothes or handbags that not only make you look like a superstar but also help keep our Earth happy and healthy? πŸŒπŸ’š

So, imagine my joy when I had the chance to chat with this magnificent, sustainable fashion designer! πŸ˜ŠπŸ‘—πŸ‘œ

I’ve been a fan of eco-friendly brands for quite a while, and I’ve been itching to introduce you all to this fantastic find. πŸ˜ƒπŸŒΏ

Today, we’re exploring cool clothes that are good for the Earth, made by a designer who wants you to look fantastic all year long. 😎

No secrets here, just pure excitement as we embark on this journey together! πŸ‘—✨

Picture provided by Margo Perkins

What is your name, function, and the company you work for?

Margo Perkins, founder of Margo Paige

How old are you?

33

What kind of work do you do, or what are you studying to be?

I run a sustainable brand that focuses on creating stylish, eco-friendly pieces that are multifunctional throughout the seasons.

What made you decide to become a Fashion Designer?

Seeing a need in the market that wasn’t present. I’ve found it hard to find great, sustainable pieces that are still durable and stylish at a fair price. 

It’s either marked as eco-friendly at a cheap price or eco-friendly at a high price-there really isn’t an in-between. I believe with all things, there is moderation and you don’t need to be high or low to get great pieces.

Is fashion important to you? Why?

At its most basic level, fashion protects our bodies from the elements. At a high level, fashion is self expression, not only in how it looks but also in how it is made and what that says about your ideals and what you think is important. 

Both levels are really important to me because they create confidence. What you put on your body represents not only how you want to look, but what you believe is the future for our planet.

Picture provided by Margo Perkins

What are your successes, and how did you achieve them?

Launching a company right before the pandemic hit and being able to survive. When we first launched, our sole product was our clear handbag line, which isn’t an ideal time to have launched a company whose product is based on a need for a large event. 

During that time, I was able to rethink my model and continue to lay the groundwork for coming out of it like shifting to sustainable products. We relaunched our products with new sustainable measures a year ago and couldn’t be more grateful for having the time to shift.

What’s something you might want to do in the future?

Continue to grow Margo Paige into a sustainable brand that creates a community for those wanting to do better in their consumption habits and showcasing that small change in your daily
routine can make a big impact later on.

Is the name of the Brand important to you when you buy clothing or jewelry?

Great question. That depends on the brand and what they stand for. I try to seek out brands that align with my goals as a consumer: high quality, seasonless and taking action for sustainable measures within their own brand.

Describe your personal style of fashion?

My personal style is classic and timeless. I try to stick to neutrals, quality over quantity, timeless silhouettes and great accessories.

How did you find your personal style? Do you have a signature look?

I’ve always had a classic look from the start. I’m not sure where it started, but classic and timeless pieces I’ve always gravitated towards. The silhouettes are always comfortable, easy and always in style.

Picture provided by Margo Perkins

Do you have an influence on other people’s fashion style?

I’d like to think that is what Margo Paige is doing or what it can do in the future. I hope we can influence to buy better, wear longer and find a personal style through our reasonless basics.

What are in your eyes the best trends at the moment?

Cowboy boots are having a moment and it’s one I’m a big fan of. Cowboy boots are extremely versatile to style, comfortable and fun! I also love to see the button downs because they are a great staple to have in the closet and you can do so much with them.

What are in your eyes the worst trends at the moment?

Cargo pants. No one needs them unless you're hiking, fishing, or camping.

What kind of fashion advice would you give us?

If you don’t see yourself wearing the item 30 times, don’t buy it. Stick to pieces that you feel great in-no matter what the trend is. Lean towards classic silhouettes as basics and if you need a trend, look in accessories.

Who is your style icon, and why?

This might be cliche, but Princess Diana is a great icon. Princess Diana wore her looks confidently and taught that you can wear the bold colors, statement pieces and send messages through what you wear. Half the battle in fashion is being comfortable and confident in what you’re wearing, and she emulated that well.

Is there something else you would like to share with us?

Always consider what you're buying, what you're buying it for and how it came to be. I think if we thought more consciously about the origins of clothing like we do with food, we would have a better feel for fashion and overconsumption.

Picture provided by Margo Perkins

"Thanks a bunch, Margo, for telling me stuff! It's pretty cool that you're doing clothing fashion now too!" πŸ˜„πŸ‘—

Ah yes, about that secret. Give me another blog post to think about it, but first things first. If you are not done reading, you could check out some of my previous fashion designer interviews:

Hope you like my blog.....Until next time.....Have a nice day 

Renata (Seadbeady) 

Enjoyed this post? Never miss out on future posts and receive the next blog posts in your Email inbox  

Follow me on Instagram

Join me in my Facebook group to get more involved, if you want to be in my next gift guide, or just keep in touch 

Want to be on my blog next time?? Want me to review your product?? Just send me a message.

Liked my blog post? Share it with your friends by using the buttons below, or let me know what you think with a comment.

8 comments:

  1. There are more and more sustainable things in the world that help our life better. Margo's sustainable fashion brand will be good too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such an interesting interview with this designer. I hope we see many more follow along the lines of sustainability in the manufacturing of clothing. Stephanie

    ReplyDelete
  3. She's right to advice not to buy something if you don't see yourself wearing it 30 times. I am guilty of this. I don't why but I just like wearing new outfit everyday.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nnniiiccceeee...I love you more, Margo! Fashion and beauty that show a bit of care for the environment, have my heart. Also, I love that black outfit the white girl donned!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I remember I wanted to become a fashion designer too in the past. I truly enjoy this interview. And I'm glad cowboy boots are in demand now because I love them too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've seen cowboy boots making an appearance again as well. I love that they're more girly now but still very fashionable and true to their roots.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Always lovely to hear about someones journey and how they hone their craft. Thanks for sharing this.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you for this detailed information! This is some of the highest quality content I’ve ever come across...

    ReplyDelete

Your reaction will be visible after being approved

How to connect with European Brands or Small shops and Bloggers or Influencers

Hi There.....Would you like to connect with others? Yes..... Cool..... I might have the perfect solution for you..... No..... Ok, I am cool ...