Saturday 28 October 2023

Interview With Fashion Stylist Tahirah Goins-Nall

Hey there, you radiant stars and fashion enthusiasts! Have you ever wondered what a fashion stylist does and how to dress for success in life’s most special moments? 


Picture provided by Tahirah Goins-Nall

Well, we’re about to spill the sequin-covered beans! Prepare for a talk that will feel like discovering a unicorn in your own yard. Super magical! 😎

Ooh, I just love unicorns. They are such enchanting creatures. I saw one last week, drinking some water from the pond in our garden. πŸ˜πŸ‘»

Hey, I might be silly, but I’m not “jumping in a puddle with my ice cream” kind of silly! Especially ‘cause I almost never have ice cream. Also, we don't even have a pond in our garden. It’s like spotting a unicorn in my freezer! 🍦🍨

Stop with the unicorn stuff, and stop making readers hungry for ice cream! Today, we have a super stylish friend who says you’re too amazing to wear boring clothes every day! πŸ‘—πŸ‘’

Okay, she said it, not me, but I couldn’t agree more! Who wants to be boring, when you can sparkle, right? πŸ˜ƒ

This incredible person’s job is to help you feel you’re already living your dream life, just by wearing clothes you adore. πŸ‘ΈπŸ˜Š

Imagine every day feeling like your dreams are already real, and all because you dress like it! πŸ˜€πŸ‘—πŸ‘ 

So, if you are dreaming of that perfect partner, dream clients, or a higher salary, guess what? They are all taken. 😭

No, of course not. They can all be yours right now, just by dressing like the amazing person you’re destined to be. It’s like your wardrobe is a magic wand! πŸŽ†πŸ˜„

Let’s give a big fashionista welcome to Tahirah Christine Goins-Nall, an Elite Global Stylist & Confidence Coach. πŸ˜πŸ‘‹

She’s here to make you feel like the incredible woman you’ve always dreamed of being. And it all starts with a closet full of clothes you love. Get ready for some fashion magic, my friends! ✨πŸ‘—πŸŒŸ

Picture provided by Tahirah Goins-Nall

What is your name, function and the company you work for?  

My name is Tahirah Goins-Nall, and I am the CEO and Founder of ClothesPetals, a fashion styling and event company based out of Los Angeles, CA. 

How old are you?

29 years old

What kind of work do you do or what are you studying to be? 

I am a fashion stylist and event curator. I style my clients for life’s greatest moments while also showcasing beauty and fashion brands to clients helmed by diverse women. 

What made you decide to become a Fashion Stylist?

After 12 years of wearing a uniform throughout primary education, I went to the second-best dressed school in the country. 

A lot of people don’t know this about Howard University, but it is. Every day in class is like a fashion show. Our homecomings are notorious for being places of creative dress. 

When I first showed up on campus, I was unprepared. Completely. As a child, words were my medium. I was a storyteller. I was an advocate. I naturally assumed I would become a lawyer because of the way I worked with my words. 

Also, as the daughter of a former NFL player turned coach, I was used to covering up. Like most young women, my sisters and I matured early and were always around men. Naturally, I thought oversized and baggy were my appropriate sizes. Until I went to Howard. 

Never before had I been able to channel my creativity through my style. And never before had I been able to experience myself through the compliments of others. Doors open when you know how to dress. 

People seeing you in your full authenticity and radiance moves mountains, and it does so not because of the external validation—it does so because of the feeling we internalize and carry when we know we look that good.
 

Is fashion important to you? Why? 

Yes. Maybe it’s my Taurus Sun, but I have always loved retail. I have always loved luxury. 

There’s such a difference in quality to clothes and brands that resonate with your individuality and creativity, and fashion is another untapped way of exhibiting your authentic expression. 

We deserve to indulge in ourselves, and I believe that all desires placed upon our hearts are meant to manifest. But, the trick is feeling worthy of them first. 

Picture provided by Tahirah Goins-Nall

What are your successes, and how did you achieve them?

This is a great question, because I find that as an entrepreneur, we do not celebrate ourselves enough. We don’t take the time to reflect on our successes or celebrate our achievements because we are so laser-focused on the next goal; on the future. 

My successes include creating a podcast, a course, growing my high-end, loyal clientele in Los Angeles, CA (a city you could say is saturated with fashion stylists), and growing my connections of resources and brand founders helming incredible beauty and fashion brands. 

I am most proud of the smaller beauty and fashion brands that I have been able to elevate among my clients, because as an entrepreneur, I understand just how far a referral goes for a brand founder attempting to grow and scale her venture!

I achieved these goals because I am big on vision boarding. I love creating visions and images of my future and putting them on paper, or Pinterest boards, because it makes a goal seem much more tangible—much more attainable and real. 

I’d say this coupled with my innate ability to network and love of building relationships has definitely carried my name and vision into rooms I have not yet stepped in!

What’s something you might want to do in the future?

Hire! I seek to expand my business by bringing on an incredible group of stylists and employees who are incredibly versed in Social Media, Digital Marketing, and Finance. 

Is the name of the Brand important to you when you buy clothing or jewelry?

Yes and no. The name of the brand piques my interest. The narrative and quality entice me to engage, to try, and then finally to recommend to my clientele. 

Describe your personal style of fashion?

My mom once told me in high school I was a “cute skater,” which is funny, because over time I have found myself to have grown and evolved to infuse elegance and feminine silhouettes with athleisure, or more relaxed and sporty styles. 

How did you find your personal style? Do you have a signature look? 

My signature style truly evolved when I began understanding the importance of fit. As a young woman who matured early, I had to grow to love my body because I was used to covering up. 

I thought oversized and baggy were my sizes, until I realized they weren’t. When I learned to love my curves and how to dress my body appropriately, my style expanded and with it, my self-love and confidence to explore and push the boundaries on my signature look. 

In what way do you influence other people’s fashion style?

If you end up working with me at any point, you will see this quote everywhere. 

Our namesake is inspired by a quote by Christian Dior "Next to women, flowers are the most divine creations”. 

We are powerful and divine entities with unique and undeniable beauty. Just like a field of flowers, each is magically beautiful but each one is different. 

Women are the most powerful creatures on the planet and we deserve to reconnect with that power. To do this, I believe that we can take simple steps to feel very good about ourselves. 

Feeling good is a practice, and it starts with our personal brand and expressing our authentic aesthetic. We use it to navigate our environment, to make strides in our careers, and to make great strides in all areas of our lives. 

Picture provided by Tahirah Goins-Nall

What are in your eyes the best trends at the moment?

Tailoring! I love that we have entered an era that is so polar opposite to the loungewear we grew so accustomed to during the pandemic. 

Suits, in all of their variations, are the perfect structure to add instant elevation, sharpness and neatness to uplevel an outfit, and provide statement to the wearer.  

Color! There are gorgeous colorways off the runway this season, and I adore the options. From bright vibrant hues to neutral earth tones, there is such an expansive variety in retail now that it makes livening up your wardrobe so easy.

What are in your eyes the worst trends at the moment?

Believe it or not, I find fashion to be so fun at the moment—but I realize that there are certain trends that my clients aren’t too fond of, and I find a majority of dissatisfaction within my male client pool with current menswear. 

What kind of fashion advice would you give us?

I believe my style philosophy can be summed up perfectly by this quote, “Real style is never a matter of right or wrong, it’s a matter of being yourself on purpose.” – G. Bruce Boyer

Who is your style icon, and why?

I, like so many others, have fallen in love with Sofia Richie’s soft, feminine, luxurious style. It’s so simplistic and elegant and still sophisticated and fun! I aspire to have a wedding as beautiful as hers…with the same amount of outfit changes!

Is there something else you would like to share with us?

As we go into the new year, we are planning more of our Shop & Style parties—opportunities for clients to engage with brands, uplevel their style with 1:1 guidance, and network! 

Group shopping can be such an uplifting experience for people who are in support of you! Our first event is in partnership with Yelp as a “New Year, New You” theme in January. 

We would love, if you’re interested, to sign up and purchase tickets for the event! You can sign up for updates on our website, www.clothespetals.com
- Would love to see you there! 

Picture provided by Tahirah Goins-Nall

Big thanks to Tahirah Goins-Nall for joining my fashion chat. It's so cool to know there are super pretty colors in style this season! In my opinion we need to see more color on the streets. πŸ˜‰

Now, my amazing readers, I've got an important mission for you. πŸ˜‰
Go peek at my past interviews with stylish folks:

Hope you like my blog.....Until next time.....Have a nice day 

Renata (Seadbeady) 

Enjoyed this post? Never miss out on future posts and receive the next blog posts in your Email inbox  

Follow me on Instagram

Join me in my Facebook group to get more involved, if you want to be in my next gift guide, or just keep in touch 

Want to be on my blog next time?? Want me to review your product?? Just send me a message.

Liked my blog post? Share it with your friends by using the buttons below, or let me know what you think with a comment.

12 comments:

  1. Wat leuk om te lezen wat de kledinstylist geen leuke kledingtrend vind

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ik ben niet zo heel stylish als het op fashion aankomt, het moet vooral lekker zitten bij mij.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes! So good to know that there are super pretty colors in style this season.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just wow, she is really good at her work, and the interview is mesmerising. The colors she uses in here is so fab.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh wow, you've done good for yourself, Tahirah! Donning school uniforms for years in primary education traumatised me too and swore to change that, once I grew up! I am now inspired by you.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love this interview of Tahirah! Her story from wearing uniforms to using her creativity as a form to self-expression to doing what she does today as a stylist is very inspirational!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Interessant om te lezen wat een styliste nu precies allemaal doet Had nooit een goed beeld van het beroep

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such an inspiring interview! I interested in Fashion designing before but somehow I couldn't follow the path. It's always good to do things that we love to do.

    ReplyDelete
  9. She's inspiring! I also believe on vision boarding and yes, I agree with her that putting on paper makes the goal more tangible.

    Thank you for the fashion advice. Will definitely keep this in mind.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Such a great interview, she is so wonderful at her work.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I quote you, "Who wants to be boring, when you can sparkle ..." One thing is for sure - you are not boring. Love your writing style, made me smile and I enjoyed the article especially around the idea of finding your own authentic style.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love this interview. I loved hearing that Howard was a fashion show. How fun!

    ReplyDelete

Your reaction will be visible after being approved

How to connect with European Brands or Small shops and Bloggers or Influencers

Hi There.....Would you like to connect with others? Yes..... Cool..... I might have the perfect solution for you..... No..... Ok, I am cool ...