Sunday 14 July 2024

Interview With Fashion Model Cassie Leigh

Hi there, my beautiful readers! Ever wonder what it’s like to strut your stuff as a fashion model? Or curious about what type of modeling jobs you can get when you’re not quite towering over everyone? 


Picture provided by Cassie Leigh

Well, hold on to your hats, because today we’re chatting with Cassie Leigh, a sassy redhead who’s not just a journalist and photographer but also a fab model! 🎩👒😎

Cassie always dreamed of being a fashion model, but there was one teeny-tiny problem. She wasn’t tall enough to ride the fashion rollercoaster. 😬🎢

The typical agency height requirement is 5'7" (1.70m) or above, and Cassie? Well, she’s a tad closer to the ground. 📏😕

That’s why she parked her dreams about all the modeling jobs, she could someday conquer, in the “maybe someday” lot. Still, here’s the kicker. Cassie didn’t let that stop her. 🚗💪

She strutted her stuff and rocked the runway, proving you don’t need to be a giant to be a model. 🚶‍♀️💃👠

Here’s a little secret only a few people know about me! As a young teen, I remember wanting to be a famous model too. 🤫👧

Still, I had a double whammy. I was about as tall as a garden gnome and as round as a donut! 😭🍄🍩

Nah, not that extreme, but talk about being dealt a tricky hand in the fashion game! 🃏😞

Then again, if Cassie can make it work, maybe there’s hope for us, vertically, challenged and, horizontally, gifted folks after all! 🤔🌟😄

Picture provided by Cassie Leigh

What is your name? How old are you?

Cassie Leigh, 28

Are you on Social Media? How many followers do you have?

Yes! @datcassdoeee, all platforms combined would be around 300k

Do you work Full-time or Part-time as a Fashion Model?

Freelance

What made you decide to become a Fashion Model? Tell me about your journey.

I always wanted to be a model, but because I wasn’t near the typical agency height requirement of 5’7” or above I didn’t pursue modeling until I found out that freelance commercial modeling jobs were an option. I got into modeling around 10 years ago and have been doing freelance since! 

How many hours do you spend modeling?

It varies on the project and the time of the year, and I took some time off from modeling this past winter; but I try to do at least 10-20 hours a month on modeling projects.

Is fashion important to you? Why? 

Yes! I think fashion is one of the ways to keep up with the latest trends and enhance our looks. 

Picture provided by Cassie Leigh

What are your successes and how did you achieve them?

Growing my own social media following without the help of an agency I would say is one of my biggest successes. It took many years of unwavering perseverance but eventually it paid off! 

What’s something you might want to do in the future?

I would love to be featured in more movies/television shows. I recently started doing extra work on sets, but would like to take on a more front facing role in the future. 

Is the name of the Brand important to you when you model clothing?

At this point in my career, unless I am getting paid by said brand I do not go out of my way to give them free promotion—so, no, I do not put a lot of weight on the brands. 

Describe your personal style of clothing?

Relaxed but stylish! I like to be comfy with whatever I am wearing, and I love wearing hoodies/sweaters, but I try to make sure that I still look put together when I leave the house even if I am trying to be comfortable. 

How did you find your personal style? Do you have a signature look? 

Honestly, my signature look is my hair. I try to style my clothing around what matches having natural red hair—which means incorporating a lot of earthy tones and solid colors. 

Picture provided by Cassie Leigh

Do you have an influence on other people’s clothing style?

I don’t try to tell people what they should wear, but I do like to encourage being comfortable in your own skin and complimenting what features you like about yourself with the clothing that you wear.

What are in your eyes the best trends at the moment?

I really love that baggy pants are coming back into style. My guilty pleasure is wearing cargo pants! 

What are in your eyes the worst trends at the moment?

Sheer dresses/shirts, etc. 

What kind of fashion advice would you give us?

No matter how good an outfit looks, if it isn’t comfortable you won’t be able to wear it well. Try to stay away from itchy fabrics (like sequins) and clothes that are too tight.

Who is your style icon and why?

Megan Fox; she seems to be setting a unique alternative standard recently with her style choices. 

Picture provided by Cassie Leigh

Thanks a bunch, Cassie, for answering all my interview questions! I think it's amazing how you built such a huge social media following without help from an agency. I know how tough it is to grow an audience at all. 🙌😊

Hey there, fabulous folks! If you've got a sec, drop by and check out the cool fashion models I had the joy of chatting with, all decked out in their fancy duds, right here on this page! 💃👗

Hope you like my blog.....Until next time.....Have a nice day 

Renata (Seadbeady) 

Enjoyed this post? Never miss out on future posts and receive the next blog posts in your Email inbox  

Follow me on Instagram

Join me in my Facebook group to get more involved, if you want to be in my next gift guide, or just keep in touch 

Want to be on my blog next time?? Want me to review your product?? Just send me a message.

Liked my blog post? Share it with your friends by using the buttons below, or let me know what you think with a comment.

9 comments:

  1. Cassie sounds like a lovely woman so thank you for sharing your interview with her. Good for her for pursing her dream despite not fitting into the norm on height! Stephanie

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's amazing to see how far Cassie has come, despite being shorter than the industry standard. Clearly, talent is very important, as she has proven!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What an inspiring interview with Cassie Leigh! I loved hearing about her journey in the fashion industry. Thank you for sharing her story!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great writeup about Cassie, she sounds like a very beautiful soul. I'm glad to see she is pursuing her dreams; I wish her nothing but the best!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very much enjoyed your interview. Even more so, I enjoyed your writing style and sense of humour. “Tall as a garden gnome. Rounds as a donut” had me laughing. Totally related to that.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This was really fun to read! I like your writing style! You really put your personality in it. I can tell you’re a funny person! Thankyou for introducing us to Cassie! I’m short myself, and when I say short, I mean short! lol. It’s inspiring that she managed to be one a model despite her height. It makes me kinda wanna try myself. Someone once told me I should try to become a model after seeing a picture of me. I think I might actually try. I never exactly thought of myself as photogenic, but after seeing that picture of myself, I think I change my mind. Not to toot my own horn, but it was a pretty nice picture! lol. Thankyou for this post!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is awesome, love checking fashion model styles. Nice to meet you cassie and wish you great journey in this field.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for the interview post and understand more about this fashion model. Would love to know more about the life as a model and any interesting experiences too :) - knycx journeying.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great article about this model Cassie. She's very pretty. I'm a photographer and I've probably done more than a thousand portrait shoots.

    ReplyDelete

Your reaction will be visible after being approved