Sunday 25 August 2024

Interview with Jewelry Designer Anna Radunsky

Hey there, my jewelry loving friends! Do you know what makes a jewelry designer tick? Is it the caffeine-fueled late nights obsessing over handmade jewelry, or the pure joy of seeing someone put on a ring and feel like royalty? πŸ‘‘✨😊


Picture provided by Anna Radunsky

If you’ve ever wondered why anyone would spend their days hunched over tiny pieces of metal and gemstones, crafting handmade jewelry, well, you’re about to meet someone who does that, and absolutely thrives on it. πŸ’ŽπŸŽ¨πŸ€©

I had the pleasure of interviewing Anna Radunsky, a Brooklyn-based jewelry designer who specializes in creating stunning rings that make fingers everywhere feel fancy. Now, speaking of rings, I have a soft spot for them myself. πŸ’πŸ’•πŸ˜„

I still remember the first ring I ever got. My dad had one custom-made for each of my sisters and me, because he’s basically a jewelry genius in dad form. πŸ‘¨‍πŸ‘§‍πŸ‘§πŸ’–πŸ˜Ž

Each ring had a different gemstone to match our personalities. Mine was pink quartz because, well, I love red, and pink was as close as he could get without blowing the budget. πŸŽ¨πŸ˜‚❤️

I adored that ring. Now, don’t get me wrong, I’m totally *not* the sentimental type...ok, I admit… that’s a gigantic lie. I’m super sentimental. You should see me when I’m watching a sad movie. πŸ˜­πŸŽ¬πŸ˜…

Of course, I’ve kept that ring tucked away safely, even though, thanks to my now larger adult fingers, it’s more of a “keepsake” than an accessory these days. It's a part of my dad that will always stay with me. πŸŒΈπŸ’•πŸ˜Š

Well, that’s the magic of handmade jewelry, my friends. It’s not just pretty to look at. It’s packed with stories, memories, and a sprinkle of sentimentality (even for those of us who swear we’re not sentimental… but totally are). ✨πŸ’«πŸ˜Œ

Just like Anna’s rings, which are tiny masterpieces designed to add some sparkle to life. Ready to dive into the shiny, glittery, and sometimes chaotic world of handmade jewelry? Let’s do this! πŸŒŸπŸ’πŸ˜„

Picture provided by Anna Radunsky

What is your name, function and the company you work for?  What kind of work do you do, or what are you studying to be? 

My name is Anna, and I’m the founder of my own jewelry company, Anna Radunsky. I design and create a wide range of handmade jewelry, including rings, bracelets and earrings. 

How old are you?

I’ve turned 30 this year.

What made you decide to become a Jewelry Designer?

I love the idea of being able to create something that I would want to wear myself. Ever since I can remember, I’ve loved wearing jewelry and especially rings. 

Is fashion important to you? Why?

Fashion interests me, but what is truly important to me is how objects make each one of us feel. Beautiful things you can wear, pieces of artwork to see – they create real emotion and can inspire feelings of happiness and calm.

I find this connection between a piece of jewelry and its wearer extremely intriguing.

What are your successes, and how did you achieve them?

I pour a lot of myself, my time, energy and creativity into each piece of jewelry that I design and bring to life. So, I view each new commission as a form of success, feeling very grateful for each and every one of them.

Picture provided by Anna Radunsky

What’s something you might want to do in the future?

I am always trying to learn, and look forward to collaborating with designers I admire, as well as studying ancient crafts and jewelry making techniques from around the world to inform my creative process. 

Is the name of the Brand important to you when you buy clothing or jewelry? 

No, my focus is on quality first and foremost.

Describe your personal style of fashion?

I’ve learned to understand what suits me and I prioritize clothes, jewelry and accessories that are well made. Above all, I choose to wear things that excite me and that I can get really obsessed with. 

It doesn’t have to be anything extravagant, but I truly love things that are so well made that they can last forever. 

How did you find your personal style? Do you have a signature look? 

My personal style is constantly evolving along with me, as I move through life learning from each new experience. I don’t think I could ever commit to having one signature look, or rather I tend to change my look from time to time.

Do you have an influence on other people’s fashion style?

I like to think that my jewelry does, although friends and family tend to ask me for advice on broader fashion trends as well. Last year, my sister, who lives in Paris, called me up to ask, “Ok so, what’s THE winter coat gonna be this year?” 

Picture provided by Anna Radunsky

What are in your eyes the best trends at the moment?

Patent leather bags, Mary Janes, silver jewelry.

What are in your eyes the worst trends at the moment?

Ugly oversized pendants, Barbie pink, micro mini bags.

What kind of fashion advice would you give us?

Buy great quality vintage or second-hand pieces! It’s cheaper than buying brand new, better for the environment, and you’ll either have a piece that you will love forever or resell it without much of a financial loss if you get tired of it. 

Who is your style icon and why?

My father – he had the widest understanding of fashion and aesthetic in general, and he was obsessed with the smallest details. He always said to take your style very seriously, but to appear nonchalant about it, as if what you’re wearing hasn’t been meticulously planned and considered and just came together by accident. 

Is there something else you would like to share with us?

What I’m attracted to in terms of fashion is reflected in what’s important to me when I create my jewelry –  using fine materials that will last forever and making pieces that are well crafted, simple and exciting.

Picture provided by Anna Radunsky

Thanks, Anna, for helping me with my interview questions. I totally agree, jewelry can bring feelings of happiness and calm 😊✨πŸ’Ž

Alright, dear readers, if you find yourself twiddling your thumbs and wondering what to do next, why not take a delightful detour and check out some of my previous interviews with jewelry designers? Trust me, it’s like a treasure hunt – minus the map and with way more sparkle! ✨πŸ’

Hope you like my blog.....Until next time.....Have a nice day 

Renata (Seadbeady) 

Enjoyed this post? Never miss out on future posts and receive the next blog posts in your Email inbox  

Follow me on Instagram

Join me in my Facebook group to get more involved, if you want to be in my next gift guide, or just keep in touch 

Want to be on my blog next time?? Want me to review your product?? Just send me a message.

Liked my blog post? Share it with your friends by using the buttons below, or let me know what you think with a comment.

9 comments:

  1. Beautiful pieces! I especially love the rings.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love how much thought she puts into her pieces. It's about so much more than jsut a pretty shape with her, and I love it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think it's so cool that she's all about the way her pieces make people feel as opposed to just focusing on the look. That's awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  4. She has some pretty pieces; the fact that they are handmade makes them even more precious!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for that great interview with Anna Radunsky. She has achieved well deserved success at such young age. Her pieces are magnificent!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a fun interview! Thanks for sharing some more about Anna. I too agree micro mini bags are very silly.

    ReplyDelete
  7. that's awesome you have passion for jewelry and nice to meet you Anna. It does indeed boost emotions and sometimes even condience as well.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congratulations on achieving success in something you love!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hhhhmmm....I like Anna's approach to coming up with her designs of jewelry. I will definitely keep checking her out.

    ReplyDelete

Your reaction will be visible after being approved