Tuesday 29 December 2020

Interview with Fashion Designer Desireé Marie Singletary

Hi There..... Have you always looked up to High-End Fashion Designers?

I couldn't afford their clothing when I was a young girl but have always been a fan of the Dolce & Gabbana fashion designers Domenico Dolce and Stefano Gabbana. No, not of them personally. I have never met them, but I'm a fan of their clothing. 😍

Not that I could ever dream of asking them for an interview on my blog. Oh my, that is something I can only dream of. They make the most amazing garments. I really love how colorful their clothing is. Ah, too many people hide away behind black and grey. The world needs more color, if you ask me. 😉

This is only my second fashion designer interview, but who knows the designers I feature may get famous one day too. Everyone has to start somewhere, and what better way than being the next star on my blog? 😍

The designer I am featuring today is Desireé Marie Singletary. She is the 30-year-old owner and Designer for Desireé Marie Design


What kind of work do you do, or what are you studying to be?

Bridal design, bespoke pieces

Is fashion important to you? Why? 

Yes, fashion helped me become more confident, and it is fun! I want to bring this experience to every bride/client I work with. 

What are your successes and how did you achieve them?

I felt pretty successful after completing a bride's custom gown and 5 custom vests for her groomsmen
I achieved this by managing my time and working closely with my clients. I also received Austin’s Best In Style from Austin Wedding Day Style Magazine in 2017 and 2018. 
I did this by working with the magazine and getting published several times within those years. 

Is the name of the Brand important to you when you buy clothing?

No, I did not grow up rich, so I and my mom would always argue about brand names, and I eventually learned that fashion is more about expressing yourself, not advertising a brand you love. 
So I began shopping at the thrift stores with her for all my clothing, and eventually was altering the pieces, and this led to taking fashion classes and the start of my fashion journey. 

Describe your personal style of clothing?

Eclectic. I love all eras of fashion, and I enjoy experimenting with new trends and old ones. At the moment, I am into boho and 70s trends. 

How did you find your personal style? Do you have a signature look? 

I would define my personal style as fashionable and preppy. I say fashionable because I am mainly influenced by fashion influencers or even movies. Preppy because my looks are usually bright, fun, and feminine. 

Do you have an influence on other people’s clothing style?

Yes, I am a stylist as well for Stitch Fix, so I am sending clothing and accessories to people every day.

What are in your eyes the best trends at the moment?

I believe the best trends at the moment are colorful wedding dresses and embroidery on wedding dresses.

What are in your eyes the worst trends at the moment?

Underwear thongs showing or underwear thongs being part of a dress.

What kind of fashion advice would you give us?

Just to have fun! Stop worrying about what people will think and think about how fashion makes you feel! 

Who is your style icon and why?

Liz Cherkasova from Late Afternoon style blog. I have been following her for 10 years! Back when fashion blogs first came out! 😮

Is there something else you would like to share with us?

I work with brides to create their dream dress! We work one-on-one sketching, picking out fabrics, and designing your one-of-a-kind look. I also love to work with brides who already have their gown and we can alter it to fit you perfectly or add custom changes. 

Wow, aren't those designs amazing? If you are thinking of getting married soon, be sure to check out their website.

Hope you like my blog.....Until next time.....Have a nice day 

Renata (Seadbeady) 



Join me in my Facebook group to get more involved or keep in touch https://www.facebook.com/groups/426461765186641

Want to be on my blog next time?? Want me to review your product?? Just send me a message at seadbeady@telenet.be 😊

11 comments:

  1. Hey Nice post..
    Also check out mine: https://healthxnation.blogspot.com/2020/12/is-running-good-for-you-i-pros-and-cons.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loved reading the interview and more importantly the designs are amazing and elegant

    ReplyDelete
  3. This line is everything: learned that fashion is more about expressing yourself, not advertising a brand you love!

    Katie | katieemmabeauty.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice post. I enjoyed reading the interview. Fashion truly is about expressing ourselves and feeling confident while doing so.

    Anita x niannilifestyleblog

    ReplyDelete
  5. This piece made me curious about the bridal designs (who doesn't like bridal gowns?) and I love her designs.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ziet er zeker leuk uit. Ik zou er bijna weer voor gaan trouwen!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ik vind die trouwjurk met die bloemen echt prachtig. Die zou ik zo aandoen.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wat een prachtige kleding. Je zou bijna weer zin krijgen om te gaan trouwen.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Super leuk zo'n interview! Qua bruidskleding ga ik persoonlijk toch het liefst voor redelijk klassiek :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wauw, wat een mooie designs. Leuk om te lezen.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hello, I am first time visit here your blog Fashion Designer Desiree's superb.

    ReplyDelete

Your reaction will be visible after being approved

How to connect with European Brands or Small shops and Bloggers or Influencers

Hi There.....Would you like to connect with others? Yes..... Cool..... I might have the perfect solution for you..... No..... Ok, I am cool ...