Wednesday 25 August 2021

Interview with Fashion Designer Roseline D'Oreye

Hi There..... Are you a fan of fashion accessories? 

I certainly hope so, because I have another fashion designer interview for you today. If not, just read and who knows, you might get to like those fashion accessories in the end. 😉

Perhaps it's a bit like learning to eat veggies or stuff like that. That reminds me of all the things I had to learn to eat but never did. Things like fish, yuck, I still hate it. 😝

Sometimes I wonder if all the fuss about eating foods you don't like is worth it. When I and my sisters were kids, we had to keep trying, even though we clearly didn't like it. I can't count the times I had to eat things against my will. Ooh, so much fun. 😏

I never applied that rule with my kids. They always had to try foods that were new to them, but I never forced them to keep trying. When they hadn't tried it for a long time, I let them give it another go. Not sure if that was a better tactic, but at least it was better for my conscience. 😁

Time for a change in subject. Who is the star on my blog today? She is 41 and her personal and brand name is Roseline d’Oreye.


What kind of work do you do, or what are you studying to be? 

I’m a fashion designer and art therapist. 
I have worked for several years as a book illustrator and as an art teacher. 
Now I have formed my company in which I create and produce my own designs on silk squares and other luxury fashion accessories. 

What made you decide to become a fashion designer?

Since I was a child, I wanted to be an artist / a drawer. 

Is fashion important to you? Why? 

Yes, because it reveals our identity and the way we propose ourselves to others. Clothes and fashion accessories protect us and highlight our personality. It can help to build self-esteem. 


What are your successes and how did you achieve them?

My best success is to have the honor of working with La Maison Degand (made to measure men’s fashion) and La Maison Natan (women’s haute couture) for silk pockets and scarves. 
I took an appointment with Pierre Degand, and he liked my work. Then he suggested to collaborate. 
With Edouard Vermeulen, it was a lucky day. I met him by chance at the Sablon. He also liked my work and asked me to work with him. 

Is the name of the Brand important to you when you buy clothing?

No, but it gives me a sense of the product’s identity. 

Describe your personal style of clothing?

Rock & romantic, and very different from one day to another. 
I’m used to matching different pieces of clothes and fashion accessories as a work of art. Everything has to contribute to complete harmony. 


How did you find your personal style? Do you have a signature look? 

My personal style always grows with my personality, the circumstances of my life, and my daily mood. I don’t have a signature. I am the signature. 

Do you have an influence on other people’s clothing style?

I don’t know. I try to help people to love themselves and to dare to try new ways of clothing that look good for them. 

What are in your eyes the best trends at the moment?

The timeless elegance. 


What are in your eyes the worst trends at the moment?

Writing the name of the brand in extra large fonts on the clothes. 

What kind of fashion advice would you give us?

Feel beautiful and comfortable with your outfit. It has to highlight your own beauty. 


Who is your style icon and why?

Audrey Hepburn because she is not only beautiful, she is luminous, authentic, so much elegant, very brave, and generous. 
Did you know she wasn’t only a famous actress, but a humanitarian? For several years, she devoted her time to UNICEF where she worked in some of the poorest communities of Africa, South America, and Asia. 

“For beautiful eyes, look for the good in others; for beautiful lips, speak only words of kindness; and for poise, walk with the knowledge that you are never alone. “(Audrey Hepburn) 

Is there something else you would like to share with us?

Fashion has to make sense to you and agree with your values, your way of loving life, and your identity. 


Thanks, Roseline, for this lovely interview. Love that Audrey Hepburn quote. 😍

Hope you like my blog.....Until next time.....Have a nice day 

Renata (Seadbeady)

Enjoyed this post? Never miss out on future posts and receive the next blog posts in your Email inbox  

Follow me on Instagram

Follow me on Bloglovin to save posts, create collections, and follow other blogs all in one  

Join me in my Facebook group to get more involved, if you want to be in my next gift guide, or just keep in touch 

Want to be on my blog next time?? Want me to review your product?? Just send me a message.

Liked my blog post? Share it with your friends by using the buttons below, or let me know what you think with a comment.

9 comments:

  1. What a lovely interview, off to check out her pieces.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I must confess I hate the big branding on items too. The silk accessories are lovely and I would love to buy one of those scarves.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fashion Designer Roseline D'Oreye sounds like a wonderful and amazing person. Thanks for sharing this interview with us.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I absolutely love reading about her story.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love learning about Roseline's personaly style and her own beliefs toward fashion. It is is really inspiring.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have always loved fashion designers. I think they are cool

    ReplyDelete
  7. very inspiring interview. I know a lot of designers have their inspiring stories and she really got one

    ReplyDelete
  8. I loved this interview! And it's true, style is all about personality.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I have to agree with her on big names of the brand splashed all over the clothing. Ugh.

    ReplyDelete

Your reaction will be visible after being approved

How to connect with European Brands or Small shops and Bloggers or Influencers

Hi There.....Would you like to connect with others? Yes..... Cool..... I might have the perfect solution for you..... No..... Ok, I am cool ...