Wednesday 20 October 2021

Interview with Fashion Stylist Danielle Ferrari

Hi There..... Would you like to learn more about what goes on in the life of another fashion stylist? Perhaps it’s time to give you some new inside knowledge of the fashion industry? 

Today’s interview is different because it is not only about a fashion stylist but also about resale and rental. 😊

No, no, of course not about the rental or resale of houses. What would a fashion stylist have to say about the rental or resale of houses? Possibly nothing, I suppose, so that kind of blog post would be a complete mess since I have nothing to say on this topic either. 😨

Then again, I am still wondering what I could say about resale and renting in fashion. Perhaps all my blog posts are a mess, but I just don’t realize it. If that’s the case, I hope you let me know before I make a complete fool out of myself. 😱

Ah, what does it matter? For all I know, it’s way too late for that. Perhaps it’s ok to make fun of me if it makes you feel better afterward. At least I will have made someone a little happier. 😏

Have you ever been to a resale store or rented any clothes? Perhaps you wanted to go to a special occasion and thought, I am not buying a new dress or suit to keep hanging in my closet afterward to never see daylight again. I am wondering, where would you go to find that kind of clothing? 😕

Let's find out if the answers from fashion stylist Danielle Ferrari make us any wiser. 😍


What are your name, function, and the company you work for?  

I’m Danielle Ferrari, owner, and founder of Valhalla Resale, Inc. Valhalla is the first and only brick and mortar clothing membership for rental. In Tampa, FL, Valhalla’s store is open to customers and members alike. Customers can shop second-hand just like any other shop while members can rent any item they like, somewhat like borrowing from a friend’s closet. 

How old are you?

I’m 38

What kind of work do you do, or what are you studying to be? 

I own and operate Valhalla Resale, working to bring our unique concept to more locations.

What made you decide to become a Fashion Stylist?

I never set out to become a fashion stylist. For me, being a business owner came first, and learning to be a stylist came as a necessity in order to run my business, since the membership comes with a built-in personal stylist 

Is fashion important to you? Why? 

Fashion is super important to me because it’s the best and fastest way we can express ourselves without saying a word. Walking into a room wearing a brightly colored sundress might convey to a crowd (rightly or wrongly) that you’re a fun, cheerful person. 
I think we’ve all have experienced what a face mask can convey. See someone not wearing a mask in a grocery store? You might guess at that person’s thoughts on the social good.  

What are your successes and how did you achieve them?

I think my biggest success in my life so far has been opening and successfully operating Valhalla Resale. When you start a business, no one has ever done before, it’s a scary prospect. Not only has the concept not been tested in the market before, but there isn’t a framework that exists for how the operation should run. We’ve been open for 4+ years now. 

Is the name of the Brand important to you when you buy clothing?

I really don’t buy clothing for myself since essentially I rent my entire wardrobe from Valhalla. But when I need to buy new essentials, the brand is important to me, but so are the materials used to construct the item. I look for brands that are transparent in their supply chains and pay their workers a fair wage. I also look for natural materials to cut down on my fossil fuel consumption. Most people don’t realize that almost all of our clothes are made by women working in modern-day slavery and those clothes are mostly made of plastic. 

Describe your personal style of clothing?

My personal style is really all over the place. I really enjoy wearing something different all the time, which may be why I created a store where you can literally wear something different every single day without having to pay for each item of clothing. 

How did you find your personal style? Do you have a signature look? 

If anyone was to say I have a “signature” look, it would probably be something red—I’m always looking for that perfect shade of red. 

In what way do you influence other people’s clothing style?

With Valhalla’s membership, members can wear anything they like in the store without having to worry about the price. This really helps open the pathways for our members to try different styles without commitment. 
With that in mind, I usually try to push members’ boundaries. If they mention in their style profile, they dislike a certain color or style, I usually try to ensure I include a version of an item in their next style selection. 

What are in your eyes the best trends at the moment?

The best trend, in my opinion, is the slow fashion or sustainable fashion movement. The fashion industry is the second worst polluting industry in the world (next to the fossil fuel industry). When you slow down your consumption to only things you’ll love for years to come (slow fashion) or limit your choices to clothing where you’re extending the life cycle with second-hand shopping (sustainable) you can make a big difference in your carbon footprint. 
At Valhalla, we take a circular approach to the life-cycle. We produce nothing new - all of our clothing comes from the used markets - and our clothing gets used repeatedly before finding its permanent home. Therefore, we don’t produce waste. 

What are in your eyes the worst trends at the moment?

I think the worst trend is fast fashion. The fast fashion industry pumps out new “looks” every week to give consumers the false sense that they’re behind on the latest trends. This causes people, and women specifically, to feel like they’re out of touch with fashion and to keep buying to keep up even if that particular style doesn’t flatter their individual bodies. Everyone has a differently shaped body, and every style doesn’t flatter everybody. I’d love to see a trend where people dress in what makes them feel and look good regardless of fast fashion telling you what's trending this week. 

What kind of fashion advice would you give us?

The best fashion advice anyone could use is: “Dress in what makes you feel good.” 
The only type of magic I believe in is the magic of clothing. When you’re looking good, you feel good. When you don’t dress like yourself or in clothes that make you feel powerful, your mood shifts down. 

Who is your style icon and why?

I’d probably say Joan Jett is my style icon because she’s always worn what she wants and in a way that conveys her personality regardless of what the trend said was cool. She created cool. 

Thanks Danielle for taking the time to answer my questions. I love this system, and your looks are gorgeous. When will you be moving to Belgium, so that I can pay you a visit? 😉

Hope you like my blog.....Until next time.....Have a nice day 

Renata (Seadbeady)

Enjoyed this post? Never miss out on future posts and receive the next blog posts in your Email inbox  

Follow me on Instagram

Follow me on Bloglovin to save posts, create collections, and follow other blogs all in one  

Join me in my Facebook group to get more involved, if you want to be in my next gift guide, or just keep in touch 

Want to be on my blog next time?? Want me to review your product?? Just send me a message.

Liked my blog post? Share it with your friends by using the buttons below, or let me know what you think with a comment.

9 comments:

  1. Here styles are amazing wow!!! She is amazing...The last dress is stunning...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loved the clothes and thanks so much for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Okay I'm off to check her site our RIGTH NOW, her stuff is SO CUTE!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so cute. This style and all the clothes? Its perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  5. How wonderful that you got to interview her! I think she is a role model for women everywhere who are hoping to start up and thrive in a business of their own.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the interview! she seems so awesome. thank you for posting it today

    ReplyDelete
  7. I liked to read her interview. So inspiring. Liked her range of clothing collection

    ReplyDelete
  8. I absolutely LOVE these outfits!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. The most challenging thing about resale clothing business is maintaining its form and fabric. Great how she's managing it. And her choosing red color for all clothing is so sweet. Liked it! Xx
    Isa A. Blogger
    https://www.lifestyleprism.com/

    ReplyDelete

Your reaction will be visible after being approved

How to connect with European Brands or Small shops and Bloggers or Influencers

Hi There.....Would you like to connect with others? Yes..... Cool..... I might have the perfect solution for you..... No..... Ok, I am cool ...