Sunday 12 February 2023

Interview With Fashion Stylist Kriena Nederveen

Hi There..... Are you curious about what goes on behind the scenes in the fashion industry? Perhaps my new fashion stylist interview could shed some light?


Picture provided by Kriena Nederveen

I often wonder what my life would look like if I would be in the fashion industry. You know, I just love fashion, and shopping, so a career as a fashion stylist sounds like a heavenly job. 😎

The fundamental question, however, would be how my clients would look when I am finished with them. 😏

Different for sure. I remember drawing girls and separate clothes as a kid, together with my younger sister. Then we would cut them out to fit the clothes on the girls. 😄

Imagine doing this for real. Except for the cutting-up part, of course. I wouldn’t want to trim too many edges. 😜

Perhaps it would be safer to leave it up to a genuine fashion stylist and ask her what the fashion industry is like. 😍

Picture provided by Kriena Nederveen

What are your name, function, and the company you work for?  

My name is Kriena Nederveen, and I own a business called CleD’Or, where I both function as a fashion stylist and personal shopper.
 

How old are you?

56

What kind of work do you do, or what are you studying to be? 

I work as a fashion stylist and personal shopper for my business.

What made you decide to become a Fashion Stylist?

I spent over 3 decades in the fashion industry in sales, marketing, and merchandising. As a result, I styled many celebrities, shows, and individuals. I decided to style full-time because I love it and it brings people a lot of ease and happiness. 

Is fashion important to you? Why? 

Yes. We eat with our eyes first. How people see you is the first thing they know about you. Fashion is art, a way to make an impression if you use it correctly. 

Picture provided by Kriena Nederveen

What are your successes and how did you achieve them?

I have successfully navigated the fashion industry for a long time. I worked with teams to bring outstanding collections to the US from Italy, to place amazing American brands in stores all over the world, and worked with some of the most amazing designers to do so. 

I have styled people who later achieved amazing things. 

What’s something you might want to do in the future?

I would love to style people who are truly making a difference in the world. 

Is the name of the Brand important to you when you buy clothing?

Yes, and no. I love certain brands and use them a great deal. If a no-name brand gets the job done, then I use it. 

Describe your personal style of clothing?

I love a rocker chic style of dressing. Classics with a twist. Everything with just a little edge. 

How did you find your personal style? Do you have a signature look? 

It has grown over the years. I still love the correct white t-shirt and a great pair of jeans. When I am getting dressed up, I want to make a statement. I want people to remember. 

Picture provided by Kriena Nederveen

In what way do you influence other people’s clothing style?

In my job as a fashion stylist, I try to have my clients go at least 10-15% outside of their comfort zone. I want them to get comfortable wearing things they did not think they could. That's the way I try to lead them. 

What are in your eyes the best trends at the moment?

The best trends at the moment are: 
High-waisted jeans and pants
Longer dresses and skirts
Faux Leather
Wide leg pants
Chunky loafers

What are in your eyes the worst trends at the moment?

See-through clothing
Logos
Sky high platforms

What kind of fashion advice would you give us?

As CoCo Chanel Said: “Before you walk out the door every day, take one thing off ”

Who is your style icon and why?

Bianca Jagger
She epitomizes Style, Grace, Class, and Edge all at the same time.  

Picture provided by Kriena Nederveen

Thank you, Kriena, for filling in my questions. It's so great that you also offer low-key fitting and style sessions.

Feel like reading some more? Here are a few of my previous fashion stylist interviews:

Hope you like my blog.....Until next time.....Have a nice day 

Renata (Seadbeady) 

Enjoyed this post? Never miss out on future posts and receive the next blog posts in your Email inbox  

Follow me on Instagram

Join me in my Facebook group to get more involved, if you want to be in my next gift guide, or just keep in touch 

Want to be on my blog next time?? Want me to review your product?? Just send me a message.

Liked my blog post? Share it with your friends by using the buttons below, or let me know what you think with a comment.

4 comments:

  1. so very true that appearances do make first impressions, and having someone help with how we dress and style ourselves is so very useful to so many.. enjoyed reading Kriena's interview to get insights into a stylist's life

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow, 3 decades, that must a lot and have a lot of experience in the industry. Nice to know about Kriena Nederveen.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great post! It's interesting to hear from a fashion stylist. I think having someone who can help you dress for certain occasions is so helpful- many of us don't think about how different pieces of clothing can go together to create a great outfit x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thrilled to get a glimpse into Kriena Nederveen's lifestyle! It's refreshing to see she open up and share her experiences. Kudos to Kriena Nederveen for keeping it real!

    ReplyDelete

Your reaction will be visible after being approved

How to connect with European Brands or Small shops and Bloggers or Influencers

Hi There.....Would you like to connect with others? Yes..... Cool..... I might have the perfect solution for you..... No..... Ok, I am cool ...