Sunday 26 February 2023

Interview with Jewelry Designer Rustin Yasavolian

Hi There..... Are you a fan of chunky jewelry, or do you prefer fine jewelry? 


Picture provided by Rustin Yasavolian

You know what that means. It's time for another jewelry designer interview. Perhaps I should skip the first part of my blog post, where I give you a kind of introduction, and jump straight to the interview? ๐Ÿ˜ฌ

Would you like that? If you said yes, too bad because I have no intention of changing that part. Before you know you will want me to skip the middle part, and while you are at it, let's get rid of the end, too. ๐Ÿ˜ฒ

Ah, I'm sorry, I was just thinking to myself, and that, you, was just me talking to my brain. It answered, yes, because at the moment I am staring at a blank page, not knowing what to tell you today. ๐Ÿ˜ฑ

Have you ever had a brain freeze but absolutely wanted to get something written? It's not that hard. You just talk about what you are experiencing at that moment, and before you know it, it filled your blank page with a multitude of words. You should try it sometime. ๐Ÿ˜

The point is, never give in to yourself. Does that make any sense? Probably not. The only thing that makes sense today is that this new jewelry designer interview is about fine jewelry. ๐Ÿ˜

Picture provided by Rustin Yasavolian

What are your name, function, and the company you work for? 

My name is Rustin Yasavolian, and I’m the CEO of Masina Diamonds

How old are you?

I’m 29 years old

What kind of work do you do, or what are you studying to be? 

I own and operate Masina Diamonds. We are a jewelry store in Atlanta that specializes in custom design of fine jewelry, loose diamonds, and engagement rings.

What made you decide to become a Jewelry Designer?

My family has owned Masina Diamonds since 1984, so I grew up around the diamond industry. Growing up, I was very creative and enjoyed drawing. I knew I wanted to get into a career that let me enjoy that creative freedom. 

After graduating, I joined the Masina team and saw how our fine jewelry creations brought so much joy to our clients. From that point on, I knew that this was the career for me. This path allowed me to look at diamonds artistically, which brought people's ideas to life. 

Is fashion important to you? Why? 

Fashion is important to me; it is like an art. I think it allows people to express themselves without dialogue. Everyone is an artist and they convey their style through their clothing and accessories.

Picture provided by Rustin Yasavolian

What are your successes, and how did you achieve them?

A few of my successes are winning Wedding Wire’s Couple Choice Award from 2019 to 2021. 
Another one of my successes is being featured in Brides 2023 and holding a Google 5-star rating with over 260 reviews. I believe that if you create something of quality with beauty and attention to detail, the work will speak for itself. 

We have worked with some of the greatest talents on the Atlanta Braves, including Ozzie Albies and Matt Olson. I talked to the CEO of the organization to put in our bid for the 2021 World Championship rings and although they already signed a contract with another organization; it was a great learning experience. 

We achieved these feats by providing excellent service and honest opinions. I am a big believer in only curating or selling jewelry I would offer my family or loved ones. In the end, your clients really become like your extended family. 

What’s something you might want to do in the future?

My future goal is to create Masina into a fine design house that designs accessories outside of just fine jewelry. I want to create a team that can branch into other aspects of luxury, like handbags, colognes, and other accessories.

I also want to continue to work with professional athletes. Unfortunately, jewelers in my industry understand that these people have money tied to their names, so some of them overpay for jewelry. In my eyes, everyone should be treated and educated the same, especially in something like diamonds, since it is not something people typically deal with on a day to day. 

Is the name of the Brand important to you when you buy clothing or jewelry?

Although I believe certain brands are extremely innovative with their designs, brand names are not particularly important to me. I believe that as long as you can make clothing or jewelry work together in unison, that name on the tag is irrelevant.

Describe your personal style of fashion?

I’m very simple with my personal style, especially in clothing. Although I enjoy dressing up, I’m most comfortable in a plain shirt, Lulu Lemon joggers, and a luxury watch. I pay more attention to the detail in accessories. When a person can captivate a room with a simple style, you know it is not what they are wearing but how they wear it.  

How did you find your personal style? Do you have a signature look? 

I found my personal style based on what I’m most comfortable in. The more comfortable I am, the better I can think and operate. My signature look is a plain button down shirt, business casual slacks, two simple gold chains (18”, 20”), and a luxury watch. 

Picture provided by Rustin Yasavolian

Do you have an influence on other people’s fashion style?

I would say I have a slight influence on people’s fashion. I am asked often what goes well together and what we should avoid, especially with jewelry accessories. 

What are in your eyes the best trends at the moment?

My favorite trend at the moment is how yellow gold is making a comeback in the industry. There is something so beautiful and captivating about gold in its natural yellow color. Human history has been intertwined with this precious yellow metal for as long as we have been around, and I think its use pays homage to the ones before us.

One of the most popular trends in the engagement ring space has been the move toward simplicity. We have a lot of clients now that prefer to go with a very simple solitaire band and diamond. They want the focus of their engagement ring to be the diamond itself rather than everything else going on around it.

Another one of my favorite trends is the use of sleek bezel set diamonds. It is a very modern, and contemporary look that again keeps the focus on the center stone. 

What are in your eyes the worst trends at the moment?

It is hard for me to say what bad trends are. For fashion and jewelry, beauty is in the eyes of the beholder. Like art, what one person sees as unattractive, another person sees as captivating and breathtaking.
  

What kind of fashion advice would you give us?

My fashion advice is to stick with simplicity within your realm and taste. A simple style with a matching color palette goes with everything. Again, it is not what you wear but how you wear it. Insecurities are loud, and confidence is quiet. 

Who is your style icon and why?

One of my favorite style icons is the Cartier Family and their story. They were one of the first design houses to introduce platinum in jewelry. They also created the iconic “Love” bracelet in 1969, which is still one of the most highly sought-after jewelry pieces almost 54 years later. The idea is that it needs 2 people to put the bracelet on given the screw mechanism, giving it its name “Love” bracelet. 

Picture provided by Rustin Yasavolian

Thank you, Rustin, for filling in my questions. It's not that I am thinking about getting married again because I love my husband to pieces, but I couldn't help browsing your wedding bands out of sheer curiosity, and they look amazing.

If you are curious about my previous interviews with jewelry designers, here are the links.

Hope you like my blog.....Until next time.....Have a nice day 

Renata (Seadbeady) 

Enjoyed this post? Never miss out on future posts and receive the next blog posts in your Email inbox  

Follow me on Instagram

Join me in my Facebook group to get more involved, if you want to be in my next gift guide, or just keep in touch 

Want to be on my blog next time?? Want me to review your product?? Just send me a message.

Liked my blog post? Share it with your friends by using the buttons below, or let me know what you think with a comment.

8 comments:

  1. wow! since 1984! just the time until now says something really good about them. Always nice to know more about the story behind such businesses.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Erg leuk interview om te lezen! De ring is prachtig.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Enjoyed reading this interview.. and that explanation of the 'Love' bracelet too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ik vind het mooie sieraden maar voor mij zijn ze wat te groot naar mijn smaak.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is interesting, you have good success and wish you the best. Nice to meet you, Rustin!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is interesting, you have good success and wish you the best. Nice to meet you, Rustin!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Leuke interview heb je gedaan. Echt knap werk. Ik ben hier dol op.
    Xx
    Sherry

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very interesting and how inspiring! I love young entrepreneurs. The jewellery looks fresh and exciting.

    ReplyDelete

Your reaction will be visible after being approved

How to connect with European Brands or Small shops and Bloggers or Influencers

Hi There.....Would you like to connect with others? Yes..... Cool..... I might have the perfect solution for you..... No..... Ok, I am cool ...