Saturday 9 July 2022

Interview With Jewelry Designer Marelle Couture

Hi There..... Have you been looking for a jewelry designer that makes statement jewelry? 


Picture provided by Marelle Couture 

Yes? Then this upcoming jewelry designer interview could be super interesting for you. I am always pleased to discover new people who will take the time to answer my questions. 😍

Oh my, I am so distracted at the moment. My head is saying come and write something meaningful to introduce this jewelry designer, but at the moment our cat, Ninoe, is making chirping noises because he isn't able to catch the fly he's been going after for the last hour. 😵

Have you ever eaten insects? Ooh, I just love them. They are so crispy and tasty I could eat them raw. 😋

Are you kidding me? I don't think I could get my mind to get past the idea of having something as creepy as insects for dinner. Nature would benefit from it, I know, but it's just not my thing. 😳

Ninoe does it all the time. Spiders, flies, mosquitoes, anything except ants and beetles. I get it, I wouldn't eat beetles either if they presented them to me. 😖

My uncle once almost swallowed a wasp when taking a bite of his sweet pastry a few years ago. It flew out of his mouth as soon as it saw that big dark tunnel (his throat) I suppose. 😲

Wow, I drifted so far off again. Let's get back to the jewelry designer I was talking about. Who is the woman behind these statement jewelry pieces? 😃

Marelle Couture is the 43-year-old jewelry designer and owner of Hopscotch Couture.

Picture provided by Marelle Couture 

What kind of work do you do, or what are you studying to be? 

I design jewelry, accessories, and costume pieces.

What made you decide to become a Jewelry Designer? 

At a young age, I was already drawn to fashion. My friends and I poured over all the fashion magazines growing up, and that interest stayed with me. 

For many years, my focus was on the fine arts, doing mostly gallery shows, portrait consignments, and murals. Always one to make my own wearable art, many clients admired pieces of my work and started asking for their own custom pieces.  

For a while, I did mostly private viewing trunk shows for my clients here and abroad.
Approximately fifteen years ago, I opened Hopscotch Couture and my focus became primarily on fashion. It is so rewarding to create wearable art pieces.

Is fashion important to you? Why? 

Fashion is so extremely important actually to one's self and mood. I know of no other single act that can turn a pauper into a prince and a prince into a pauper besides dress. 

It takes the human brain seven seconds to make an impression and, like it or not, what you wear says so much about you. What you have on also influences your own mood. 

You know, that one suit, or that one dress that always makes you feel stunning, confident, and happy. Wearing bright colors or florals on a rainy day can turn that day into a blissful one. 

Or how about that keepsake locket, one piece of statement jewelry, or antique watch from a loved one that makes you feel warm and close to them by simply touching it? Fashion and mood go hand in hand.

What are your successes, and how did you achieve them? 

I have had the chance to meet many amazing people. In doing so, my greatest successes would amount to my greatest joys. It is when a client comes to me with an idea or two and I can make exactly what they had in mind. Their joy is my high. I love what I do.

Picture provided by Marelle Couture 

Is the name of the Brand important to you when you buy clothing? 

When I shop I look for an eye-grabber every time. It has to compete with everything else on the rack and get your attention. Many times I favor vintage, for the quality is really unmatched.

Describe your personal style of clothing? 

I love vintage finds. Floral flowing skirts, white blouses over tanks, and dresses with an emphasis on accessories and jewelry. I don’t follow trends, rather I look for pieces unique to me. My mix is quite eclectic.

How did you find your personal style? Do you have a signature look? 

Growing up, I embroidered and painted my jeans, jackets, and even my footwear. Never one to blend, I had to have something different. My look is Avant-Garde mixed with classic vintage.

Do you have an influence on other people’s clothing style? 

My clients ask for my opinion sometimes, but mostly I try to work with their style in mind and perhaps push them to explore it further. I often show them what other countries favor in their style. 

I will offer different versions of what I am to create for them and they are always free to jump in with ideas. Happiness is always the ultimate goal. Fashion should always have a level of fun to it.  

Picture provided by Marelle Couture 

What are in your eyes the best trends at the moment? 

Right now I am loving all the florals and the mini dresses with the oversized clogs, are just so throwback yummy. Emphasis on the shoulders in The Avant-Garde and mainstream fashion and accessories are hitting in a big way for me. 

Epaulets and Crowns and all things royal are the most requested items I am seeing and I am loving all the women that are claiming their Queen moment right now.

What are in your eyes the worst trends at the moment? 

Honestly, anything that doesn’t flatter a woman's curves is just awful. Anything boxy, too constricting, or with cut-outs really flatters very few.  

What kind of fashion advice would you give us? 

Start with what colors make you happy, your favorite ones should be your go-to. Dress for you always, your happiness is the most important. Let no one talk you into wearing something you are not comfortable with or something you do not love. This is especially true for brides and that all-important day. You really should love every piece you own.

Who is your style icon and why? 

I have to say although my style is very different, what I love is the fearlessness in her clothing choices, Cher.

Is there something else you would like to share with us?  

In closing, I just want to say I think it is so important to dress you in you. Wear what you love always.

Picture provided by Marelle Couture 

Thanks, Marelle, for sharing some of your background with us. I love those statement jewelry pieces. 😍

I would like to point out also that over 95% of all items in the Hopscotch Couture line are made from previously loved, vintage treasures. 😊

Can I tempt you to read some previous jewelry designer interviews? 😘

Hope you like my blog.....Until next time.....Have a nice day 

Renata (Seadbeady)

Enjoyed this post? Never miss out on future posts and receive the next blog posts in your Email inbox  

Follow me on Instagram

Join me in my Facebook group to get more involved, if you want to be in my next gift guide, or just keep in touch 

Want to be on my blog next time?? Want me to review your product?? Just send me a message.

Liked my blog post? Share it with your friends by using the buttons below, or let me know what you think with a comment.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your reaction will be visible after being approved

How to connect with European Brands or Small shops and Bloggers or Influencers

Hi There.....Would you like to connect with others? Yes..... Cool..... I might have the perfect solution for you..... No..... Ok, I am cool ...