Thursday 13 October 2022

Interview with Makeup Artist Dorothy Strouhal

Hi There..... Are you interested in makeup styles? How about a new makeup artist interview?


Picture provided by Dorothy Strouhal

I don't have them lined up in rows at the moment, so if you are reading this, and you are up for an interview, just let me know. That would be cool to have a long row of people waiting to be interviewed by me. 😉

So, it's almost Halloween, and you can often find a lot of cool makeup styles around this time. 😵

Wouldn't it be cool to share some scary, evil looks on my blog? Perhaps I should do a roundup of interesting makeup channels and scare the wits out of you. 😱

I think that would be quite cool, so if you have a YouTube channel, and you are planning to share creepy or beautiful Halloween looks, you had better let me know. There will be consequences if you don't. 😈

Ah yes, I will make you regret you chose not to share them with me. You are probably wondering how. 😨

If you thought I couldn't be evil, think again. This is the perfect timing to show you the ugly side of me. 😡

How? By not sharing your looks, of course. What else can I do? Completely nothing, but it felt good to scare you for once. 😂

Ok, back to the peace-loving, reasonable me. Let's hear what our next makeup artist has to say. 😍

Picture provided by Dorothy Strouhal

What are your name, function, and the company you work for?  

I am Dorothy Strouhal of Your Makeup Expert, owner of Luminess Cosmetics, and On-Air Beauty Expert.

How old are you? 

49

What kind of work do you do, or what are you studying to be? 

I am a celebrity makeup artist, beauty advisor, and image consultant.


What made you decide to become a Makeup Artist? 

I’ve always wanted to be a makeup artist from a young age. It was just a part of who I was. 

Is beauty important to you? Why?

I believe beauty is in everything and everyone. Sometimes bringing it out for others to celebrate is the challenge, so I love extracting beauty and highlighting it across the board. 

Picture provided by Dorothy Strouhal

What are your successes, and how did you achieve them? 

I have had favor in many arenas. It was an honor to be on set for national sports events, commercials, and movies. Having a great work ethic, character, and team focus open doors to these things. 

Is the name of the Brand important to you when you buy make-up? 

Important no BUT I will say a brand's name is only as good as its reputation. So if the brand has a great reputation for quality and consistency, I will take note of it and use it. 

Describe your personal make-up style?

I’m a natural glam. I love all things glam with a twist of edge but also like to keep the skin looking natural and healthy. 

How did you find your personal style? Do you have a signature look? 

I do! I have pink hair. When I started really coming into my full self and personality as an artist and grown woman, I started going pink because I wanted to. I have had it now for over 10 years. It’s my natural hair color 😊

Do you have an influence on other people’s make-up or clothing style? 

I hope so. But mainly help them discover their own look and style and become confident in that. 

Picture provided by Dorothy Strouhal

What are in your eyes the best trends at the moment? 

Healthy living, healthy fresh, hydrated skin

What are in your eyes the worst trends at the moment? 

IG fake makeup looks. Let’s erase the face and paint on a new one that looks good on camera but awful in person without lights. 

What kind of beauty advice would you give us? 

Hydrate, take care of your skin, and accentuate your best assets. Love you and be kind to others because that’s where the beauty shines through. 

Who is your style icon and why? 

I don’t really have one. 

Is there something else you would like to share with us? 

I believe that style and makeup are very personal and fluid. So it can change as you do. It doesn’t define you, but it sure is fun to express. Become confident in who you are and share that with the world. 

Picture provided by Dorothy Strouhal


Thank you, Dorothy, for filling in my questions. I love that natural hair color of yours. 😍

Hope you like my blog.....Until next time.....Have a nice day 

Renata (Seadbeady) 

Enjoyed this post? Never miss out on future posts and receive the next blog posts in your Email inbox  

Follow me on Instagram

Join me in my Facebook group to get more involved, if you want to be in my next gift guide, or just keep in touch 

Want to be on my blog next time?? Want me to review your product?? Just send me a message.

Liked my blog post? Share it with your friends by using the buttons below, or let me know what you think with a comment.

6 comments:

  1. She sounds like a wonderful person to meet and all her artworks are looking absolutely gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Interesting to hear her perspectives, makes me want to think more about my own style!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm sure it's very rewarding to help people look their best. It's a fun way to be creative too .

    ReplyDelete
  4. Pink hair is such a fun look! I really want to dye my hair a wild color but am afraid of the upkeep - it takes so much to keep up a signature look like that.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I always admire makeup artists as they make the art of makeup application look so easy, and I know it isn't. And I love that she has pink hair x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, what an amazing job to have. I love the advice about being confident.

    ReplyDelete

Your reaction will be visible after being approved

How to connect with European Brands or Small shops and Bloggers or Influencers

Hi There.....Would you like to connect with others? Yes..... Cool..... I might have the perfect solution for you..... No..... Ok, I am cool ...