Wednesday 5 October 2022

Interview With Fashion Designers Jackson Cunningham and Josh Bluman

Hi There..... Are you ready for a new fashion designer's interview? 


Picture provided by Jackson Cunningham and Josh Bluman

Today’s interview is all about men’s suspenders. Did you ever wear them? I haven’t, or at least not as far as I can recall. No, they weren’t a thing when I was a baby, so that’s out of the question, too. 😏

What I have worn a very long time ago is a garter belt. Ah yes, on my wedding day, because my mom talked me into it. Not that I minded, because I found it quite fun, and it absolutely fit the type of dress I wore that day. 😊

Picture by Seadbeady

Romantic, isn’t it? I can’t show you the garter belt anymore, because it got lost somewhere, and after 36 years, we still haven’t found it. Perhaps some jealous broad took it thinking, “If I’m not getting any tonight, you won’t either”. 😂

I’m going to whisper because not everyone needs to know what I'm going to tell you right now. Perhaps we were way too tired to do anything but sleep on our wedding night. True or false, you will never know. 😴

Enough of this whispering time to scream it out about those men's suspenders from the fashion designers on my blog. Ah yes, they came in a package of 2 this time. 😉

Picture provided by Jackson Cunningham and Josh Bluman

What are your name, function, and the company you work for?

We are Jackson Cunningham and Josh Bluman, the Founders of JJ Suspenders!

How old are you?

35

What kind of work do you do, or what are you studying to be? 

We are entrepreneurs with a background in marketing and product development.

What made you decide to become a Fashion Designer?

We actually never originally intended to become fashion designers, rather it just kind of happened when we entered the suspender business. Basically, we saw an excellent opportunity to make a higher quality product and to deliver on that promise we had to learn fashion design. Luckily, it worked out well!
 
Picture provided by Jackson Cunningham and Josh Bluman

Is fashion important to you? Why?

Absolutely. It's how you present yourself. The vibe you want to give. It's how you represent yourself and identify with others. A form of art. 

What are your successes, and how did you achieve them?

We're very proud of our company, jjsuspenders.com which was successful right from the start. It was the first time we designed our own products, and we put a lot of effort into making sure every detail was perfect.

Is the name of the Brand important to you when you buy clothing?

It depends. You can buy a brand because they have a reputation, and therefore you don't have to think about the purchase as much or evaluate other options if you trust them. Or the brand could represent something you want to be a part of. I think both can be important depending on the type of clothing. 

Describe your personal style of clothing?

Minimalist!

How did you find your personal style? Do you have a signature look? 

I enjoy going with what’s easy and consistent. So these days, a crisp white tee shirt and jeans.

Picture provided by Jackson Cunningham and Josh Bluman

Do you have an influence on other people’s clothing style?

I don't try to. But with our business, jjsuspenders.com, for sure. Lots of people are inspired by the styles of men's suspenders and the options we present in how you can wear them.

What are in your eyes the best trends at the moment?

Over the last few years, seems to be organic and rustic colors (dark greens, browns, reds). But I suspect more bold and bright colors are on the horizon. Cottage core is also interesting. You should check out my friend Natalia (https://www.instagram.com/wandwoodsstudio/) who just launched a brand aligned with this trend. 

What are in your eyes the worst trends at the moment?

Nothing comes to mind, really. Style is so personal, and we should be careful not to judge others.

What kind of fashion advice would you give us?

Be yourself. Wear what you want. But consider best practices and your audience. For example, if you're going to a rustic wedding, you may not want to dress overly formal. But, maybe you do? As long as you're aware of your own style, and your audience, you'll be golden.

Picture provided by Jackson Cunningham and Josh Bluman

Thanks so much, Jackson and Josh for answering all my questions. I love how refined your men's suspenders are. 😍

Would you mind asking your friend if she would care to be on my blog because I also love her style? 😁


Hope you like my blog.....Until next time.....Have a nice day 

Renata (Seadbeady) 

Enjoyed this post? Never miss out on future posts and receive the next blog posts in your Email inbox  

Follow me on Instagram

Join me in my Facebook group to get more involved, if you want to be in my next gift guide, or just keep in touch 

Want to be on my blog next time?? Want me to review your product?? Just send me a message.

Liked my blog post? Share it with your friends by using the buttons below, or let me know what you think with a comment.

4 comments:

  1. I totally agree that fashion is an art form. And I like the unique niche of being involved in a company for suspenders.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the suspenders, they're actually very nice especially with a white shirt.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is such an inspiring designer and the approach that makes me rethink the designer business.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The suspenders are certainly nice and look fashionable. They do represent versatile taste there as they want people to represent themselves to their wishes. Xx
    Isa A. Blogger

    ReplyDelete

Your reaction will be visible after being approved

How to connect with European Brands or Small shops and Bloggers or Influencers

Hi There.....Would you like to connect with others? Yes..... Cool..... I might have the perfect solution for you..... No..... Ok, I am cool ...