Sunday 16 October 2022

Interview with Fashion Stylist Genevieve Kacmar

Hi There..... Are you ready to learn more about fashion and style? Can I interest you in a new fashion stylist interview?


Picture provided by Genevieve Kacmar

How can you say no to that? Fashion is much more interesting than, let's say, things like tools for bloggers, isn't it? 😏

Oops, that's right, almost forgot, it was I who made such a boring blog post. 😨

Sometimes you have to make less interesting posts for people to realize how interesting other ones, like fashion stylist interviews, are. Just like in fashion and style, perhaps, it's mixing and matching. 😉

Getting older has at least one benefit. You learn it's impossible to please everyone all the time. The question is, do I care? 😎

It's as George Carlin said, 'People who say they don't care what people think are usually desperate to have people think they don't care what people think.' 😂

Ah, I bet you had to read twice to get the point of this one. You are free to read it as many times as you like. 😁

Just don't forget this blog post isn't about quotes but about fashion stylists, so time to continue with the interview. 😍

Picture provided by Genevieve Kacmar

What are your name, function, and the company you work for?  

Genevieve Kacmar, Personal Stylist for House of Colour
 

How old are you?

41
 

What kind of work do you do?

I specialize in Color and Style Analysis. I teach clients what colors enhance their natural beauty and discover their personal style using their body architecture, personality, and lifestyle.
 

What made you decide to become a Fashion Stylist?

I loved the confidence I gained after I got my own colors and style done. It changed how I shop and dress my body. My mental focus shifted from my body doesn’t fit these clothes to these clothes are not suitable for my body. 

This mental shift was huge for my mental health. I loved how I represent who I am on the inside and on the outside with the clothes that I wear, and I want to provide others with these tools that I have found so useful.
 

Is fashion important to you? Why?

Yes! I have learned the power and influence fashion and style have on our everyday lives. First impressions are made quickly, and what we take in visually is a huge part of that. 

I can show authority and confidence with an outfit choice. Also, wearing my best colors in the correct proportions and balance makes me feel my best in both casual and formal clothes.  

Picture provided by Genevieve Kacmar
 

What are your successes and how did you achieve them?

I truly feel blessed and successful with every thank you note I receive after an appointment with a client. Knowing that I have affected their lives positively. 
 

Is the name of a Brand important to you when you buy clothing?

Brand names are not very important to me. Quality is important to me. 
 

Describe your personal style of clothing?

At House of Colour, my style is a Natural Ingenue, which means I like to mix textures and have some movement with my clothes. I feel my best with some structure and I like my details to be smaller and more feminine. 
 

How did you find your personal style? Do you have a signature look? 

House of Colour helps to guide us when creating our personal style based on our body architecture, personality, and lifestyle. 

I then take that information and create looks I love. The guidelines help me determine the scale, fabrics, and shapes that work for my body. 

Picture provided by Genevieve Kacmar

In what way do you influence other people’s clothing style?

I love our process so much because it is about finding someone's personal style and not trying to mimic my style to someone else. 

I teach my clients to embrace their own bodies and have confidence in developing their own style with the information they learn during a style class.
 

What are in your eyes the best trends at the moment?

I love the dusters and longer coats. They add so much interest to an outfit. 
 

What are in your eyes the worst trends at the moment?

One benefit of knowing what works for your body is also knowing which trends to skip and which ones to have fun with!  

I will skip the slip dress trend because I know I will not be comfortable in it so it is a no for me! But I think it looks great on other people!
 

What kind of fashion advice would you give us?

Just because something is on trend doesn’t mean you have to wear it! Pick what is best for you and love what you wear! 
 

Is there something else you would like to share with us? 

For any upcoming fall/winter trends: Try adding some leather to your wardrobe! I am seeing it everywhere and there are so many fun ways to add it to your look. 

Picture provided by Genevieve Kacmar

Thank you, Genevieve, for answering my questions. I totally agree that leather upgrades your look. 😊

If you are interested, here are some of my previous fashion stylist interviews

Hope you like my blog.....Until next time.....Have a nice day 

Renata (Seadbeady) 

Enjoyed this post? Never miss out on future posts and receive the next blog posts in your Email inbox  

Follow me on Instagram

Join me in my Facebook group to get more involved, if you want to be in my next gift guide, or just keep in touch 

Want to be on my blog next time?? Want me to review your product?? Just send me a message.

Liked my blog post? Share it with your friends by using the buttons below, or let me know what you think with a comment.

6 comments:

  1. This is so cool, I feel like I get confused when choosing colors. I didn't there is someone to help with that. Well, fashion stylist for me is like just choosing outfits for people. Thank you for this lovely interview!

    ReplyDelete
  2. She is awesome, and you too for this good interview. I would like to become a fashion stylist too, but for now I am more confident to style myself.

    ReplyDelete
  3. stylish see world as a more beautiful place than it is! I think it is a gift, wonderful people to talk to, very uplifting. Thanks for yet again successful interview! Best, Lyosha

    ReplyDelete
  4. That’s such an amazing interview. I really enjoyed reading it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks like some cool winter wear. Great story as well!

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's so good. And yes, sometimes I also write those stuffy blogs you mentioned. It's true that fashion blogs are much more fun!

    ReplyDelete

Your reaction will be visible after being approved

How to connect with European Brands or Small shops and Bloggers or Influencers

Hi There.....Would you like to connect with others? Yes..... Cool..... I might have the perfect solution for you..... No..... Ok, I am cool ...