Wednesday 26 August 2020

Tips on where to find great Biological Hot Drinks - JouwBox (Gift Box) edition 10

Hi There..... Have you been looking for a gift box full of natural products? Are you having a heatwave like we did last week? 

Or maybe just like here in Belgium, the weather has turned completely, and it is raining and even storming..... I suppose there is nothing better than a hot drink to warm you up again..... Maybe some tea or some hot cocoa perhaps 😍

It has been quite a while since I last had hot cocoa..... Why..... Because of my Gastric Bypass..... The last time I drank one I got dumping afterward..... Ah, You don't know what dumping is of course..... It happens when foods (especially sugars) move too quickly from the stomach to the first part of the small intestine..... That results in heavy cramps, feeling unwell, heavy sweating, feeling dizzy, and sometimes even vomiting..... Do you get my drift 😏

I can tell you there is nothing fun about dumping..... I really want to avoid having those..... So I was actually pretty happy that I received this Biological cacao powder from Mattison Healthstyle in my 'JouwBox' (gift box)..... You will have to read my previous blog post to know more about it..... https://seadbeady.blogspot.com/2020/08/review-about-jouwbox-edition-10.html πŸ˜Š


So what does their website say about this cocoa powder..... You can use it to make hot cocoa or ad it to something you are baking or maybe to a smoothie..... It is Biological and it contains no added sugar or sweeteners and is rich in Magnesium..... It's a Vegan product and also free of Allergens  

Ah, now you are probably wondering..... Does it still taste good πŸ˜€

So I took some milk and added a bit of the powder and stirred it well..... Then I heated it in the microwave for a minute..... Depending on how cold your milk is of course..... I did seem to see some lumps when I took it out but they vanished after stirring again..... When I tasted it there seemed to be something missing..... So I added a small amount of honey to it..... And yes for sure it tasted great..... And no dumping afterward..... Oof what a relief..... And I am pretty sure it will work perfectly in baking processes too..... Especially for people that have to cut back on sugar πŸ˜‹

Did you know that cocoa is also a powerful antioxidant..... They protect our bodies against free radicals..... Which is good for your health..... And did you also know that it makes you feel more positive and helps people get through stressful periods..... Don't feel bad that you didn't know..... Just grab a cup of cocoa 😁

But maybe you are more of a tea drinker..... Ok, no problem..... I have something for you too..... In my 'JouwBox' there was a packet of Biological Green tea with Ginger too..... I discovered green tea a few years ago and am a real fan of most flavors πŸ˜„ 


So what does their website say about this tea..... It's a warming green tea with spicy ginger..... The tea comes from YΓͺn BΓ‘i, Vietnam and Sekem, Egypt..... Bring water to a boil and let it cool down to 80 ° C ..... Pour into your mug and put the teabag in it and let it rest for about 3 to 5 minutes..... Ingredients: green tea, ginger, lemongrass, licorice root, and lime

Ok let's give it a try..... See how it tastes πŸ˜‹ 

I actually cheated a bit because I have no thermometer to measure up to 80 degrees..... I have a tea machine that has the perfect temperature for the perfect cup of tea..... I would be lying if I would say I got it right from the first time..... Leaving it rest for 5 minutes makes the tea too bitter for me but with 3 minutes it was just perfect..... And what makes it even better is a dash of lemon..... The only thing that's a hassle to me is to get the temperature right..... Otherwise, perfect for me..... The ginger taste is not too sharp and it gives me a warm glow afterward 😈

Oh yes..... Did you know that ginger has been used since ancient times to treat colds, fevers, and even digestive problems..... Haven't tried that out yet but it does make me feel all warm inside 😍

Hope you like my blog post.....Until next time.....Have a great day 

Renata (Seadbeady) 



“They gave me a product for free for my honest review”

Want to be on my blog next time ??  Want me to review your product?? Just send me a message at seadbeady@telenet.be 😊

21 comments:

  1. I love green and ginger tea! I can drink it the whole day every day. But I recon, sometimes I do crave for a good cup of hot cocoa and I love it thick! hahaha I'm glad you found something that won't make you do the dump!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh man, I really love a good dump of tea. I appreciate you sharing this, I need to check it out!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't wait for the weather to get colder so I can wear sweaters, snuggle up with blankets, and drink my teas and hot cocoa! Thank you for the fond thoughts!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love ginger tea and usually have it daily in the afternoon. Ginger tea with honey, yummmm

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's almost always hot in my country so a hot drink is only okay when we wake in the morning and then when it's Xmas season.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love hot drinks so much! But I have to limit my hot cocoa intake to a minimum as well. I love tea though and drink that all the time!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ik ben een ontzettende fan van (warme) chocolademelk. Maar ik weet niet zeker of ik dit lekker zou vinden. Maar je moet het natuurlijk altijd eerst proberen.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hot drinks are really best in the morning for me. a Hot coffee has been really on my routine since forever

    ReplyDelete
  9. ik ben een groot van fan verse gember thee met citroen of sinaasappel

    ReplyDelete
  10. that combo of cocoa powder sounds quite interesting and delicious to try out as that is new for me too..glad you shared this with us..great work though...

    ReplyDelete
  11. This looks super combo ...I would really love to give atry !!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Heerlijk allemaal zeg. Ik ga graag voor de groene theesoorten en fairtrade producten

    ReplyDelete
  13. Als ik een verkoudheid voel opkomen dan weet ik nu wat ik moet drinken!

    ReplyDelete
  14. The combo looks really good, will definetely give it a try.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Well the goodness of cocoa is new thing for me. Regarding green tea and ginger, I am 100% into it. My schedule is like one day green tea with lemon and honey and then next day ginger tea with clove and bayleaf boiled.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Ik ben dol op gember thee en minder van de groene thee!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Lekker die thee! De hot chocolate is meer voor de winter in mijn perceptie.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Very nice post on how to find hot drinks. I loved your confession of cheating towards the end of the post! Thanks for the share!

    ReplyDelete
  19. I love hot chocolate drinks so much. Thanks for sharing this.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Hier is het steevast koffie!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Ik doe vaak gember in water, ook drink ik veel chocomel. Hele leuke post.

    ReplyDelete

Your reaction will be visible after being approved

How to connect with European Brands or Small shops and Bloggers or Influencers

Hi There.....Would you like to connect with others? Yes..... Cool..... I might have the perfect solution for you..... No..... Ok, I am cool ...