Saturday 15 January 2022

Interview with Jewelry Designer Alexa Allamano

Hi There..... Did you miss me? Would you hold it against me if I would publish another fashion designer interview?


I sure hope not, but it’s not another clothing fashion designer but a jewelry designer I interviewed for you this time. At the moment I have no items to review, but I did that on purpose, you know. 😉

Am I going crazy? Well, perhaps a little, or to be honest, I should say I am going nuts. 😵

Ah, I bet you wonder why. We just moved, and our house is in complete chaos at the moment. We are sleeping on the ground and we haven’t assembled the bedroom closet yet. All our clothes are still in the moving boxes. 😲

Perhaps we should keep it like that. There is something special about sleeping on the ground and wearing the same clothes repeatedly. As Carl Jung said, In all chaos there is a cosmos, in all disorder, a secret order. 😜

I am still trying to find that secret order, but perhaps it is better to share that next jewelry designer interview first because you never know how long it may take to get my disorder into a secret order. 😂

You probably saw in the title that Alexa Allamano is my featured designer today. She is 37, and Owner/Jeweler at Foamy Wader. 😍


What kind of work do you do, or what are you studying to be? 

I’ve been a professional jeweler since 2008. I design and handcraft delicate, precious metal jewelry.

What made you decide to become a Jewelry Designer?

I started making jewelry as a creative outlet from my former corporate bank job. Then I opened an Etsy shop and had a few sales before I got laid off from the failing bank in late 2008. I focused all my effort on growing my jewelry design business. That's why I often say “I got fired — and then I got fired up!”

Is fashion important to you? Why? 

Fashion is important to me as an extension and expression of oneself. I’m less interested in changing fashion cycles and more focused on sustainable goods that empower the wearer.

What are your successes and how did you achieve them?

Many of the successes I’ve enjoyed have seemed to manifest out of nowhere, but I’ve always planted seeds with my business outreach. The single largest success has been transforming my retail business model to include “literal window shopping” with QR codes for 24/7 alfresco shopping. I’ve garnered press attention, taught webinars, and written a book on the subject.

Is the name of the Brand important to you when you buy clothing?

I pay little attention to design houses or labels, but I am incredibly loyal to the brands that fit my values. Those that center on sustainable practices, handmade processes, and eco-friendly materials.

Describe your personal style of clothing?

Seawitch chic - I love clean lines and stripes but also folksy prints or patterns with magical emblems. Mostly, I enjoy comfortable fitting garments. I’m also a sucker for a perfectly flowing jumpsuit.

How did you find your personal style? Do you have a signature look?

A brief stint working at Anthropologie in my early twenties shaped my love for folksy patterns. Most of my wardrobe puts off “rustic northwest island” vibes.

Do you have an influence on other people’s clothing style?

I doubt that, but I hope the jewelry I make accentuates other people's personal style.

What are in your eyes the best trends at the moment?

I’m glad to see wider sizes being offered. The lack of size inclusivity has long been a reason I’ve paid little attention to fashion.

What are in your eyes the worst trends at the moment?

I never want to see super wide-leg jeans come back. They were awful twenty years ago and should remain a relic of the millennium.

What kind of fashion advice would you give us?

Stop caring what others think about your clothes. When you dress to please yourself, you’re building a strong psychic foundation. People can throw shade, but it won’t stick when you feel confident.

Who is your style icon and why?

Drew Barrymore - she feels like she’s always delighted in her skin and clothes. She dresses to flatter and enjoy her body while making some unapologetic choices.

Is there something else you would like to share with us?

Sustainable practices are the future. I’ve always offered lifetime repairs for my jewelry. This has proven to be incredibly valuable in creating loyalty and repeat business. Good for the customer, my business, and the planet.

Thank you so much Alexa for taking the time to answer my questions. Your jewelry is beautiful. I especially love that ring. 

Looking for some more reading material? Check out these 2 blog posts.



Hope you like my blog.....Until next time.....Have a nice day 

Renata (Seadbeady)

Enjoyed this post? Never miss out on future posts and receive the next blog posts in your Email inbox  

Follow me on Instagram

Follow me on Bloglovin to save posts, create collections, and follow other blogs all in one  

Join me in my Facebook group to get more involved, if you want to be in my next gift guide, or just keep in touch 

Want to be on my blog next time?? Want me to review your product?? Just send me a message.

7 comments:

  1. It's so beautiful. It does look very long time to produce one, i'm sure. thank you for interviewing her.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such lovely jewelry! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I definitely feel like you have to dress for you and not care what anyone else think. I love that you offer lifetime repairs for your jewelry. There aren't too many jewelry places that offer that.

    ReplyDelete
  4. jewelry design is never easy for me. I just wrap my mind around the jewelry creation, it is so alien to me. it makes admire such people even more. thanks for the interview

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your jewelry. It has a simple and clean style.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Jewelry Designer are really interesting because they design some great pieces. It was nice to learn about Alex and what jewelry she crafts.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is such an inspiring interview. I loved it!

    ReplyDelete

Your reaction will be visible after being approved

How to connect with European Brands or Small shops and Bloggers or Influencers

Hi There.....Would you like to connect with others? Yes..... Cool..... I might have the perfect solution for you..... No..... Ok, I am cool ...