Saturday 8 January 2022

Interview with Fashion Stylist Ashley Dworak

Hi There..... Are you ready for a new look behind the scenes of the fashion industry? Would you like another fashion stylist interview?

I sure hope so, because I am moving on the 12th, and don’t have heaps of time to write long epistles. Interviews are easier and take less time to put together. More time to sit back and relax. Nah, of course not. More time to pack. Yay. 😏

This could be the perfect time for a guest blog about the fashion industry, but as I told you in my previous blog post, I don’t want that. My blog, so my rules. 😜

I did that once, a guest post, a long time ago, and wasn’t fond of it. Maybe I could ask my sister because she writes blogs too. They differ from mine, though, and have nothing to do with the fashion industry, so that would be quite weird on a fashion and lifestyle blog. 😕

Then again, I suppose I can be a little weird sometimes, so perhaps it might be a perfect fit for this blog. I found a great quote about being weird from Birgitte Hjort Sorensen. 'Don't worry about not fitting in. The things that make people think you're weird are what makes you you, and therefore your greatest strength.' Ah, weird but strong, haha. 😄

Let's see what fashion stylist Ashley Dworak has to say. She is the 35-year-old image consultant with House of Colour, based in Papillion Nebraska. Her career helps people find their inner joy and confidence through color analysis and fashion styling services. 😊

What kind of work do you do, or what are you studying to be?

I’m an image consultant that helps people discover their best colors (with a series of draping) through color analysis appointments and I also perform fashion styling services to find the best patterns and cuts that look best on people. 

What made you decide to become a Fashion Stylist?

I had been curious about finding what colors best complimented my natural features for years, and after having a style consultation done, it was life-changing. It changed the way I view myself and present myself to the world. I wanted to help other people experience this feeling of joy and confidence.

Is fashion important to you? Why? 

Absolutely. It’s the way I can express myself without even speaking. Fashion also helps me showcase my personality through different colors, cuts, and patterns. It's a form of expression. 

What are your successes and how did you achieve them?

My biggest success is being a mom to four kids. After that, it’s seeing my fashion and color clients in real life, living out their authenticity, and loving it after educating them through the color analysis and fashion styling services. I love to make each person feel special when they come into my studio and continue to keep cheering them on afterward to wear what they look and feel best in!

Is the name of the Brand important to you when you buy clothing?

The name of the brand is not important to me. I look at colors, cut, and quality when I am buying clothing. 

Describe your personal style of clothing?

In House of Colour lingo, I would say my style is Natural Ingenue. That could mean the “adventurous princess”. I enjoy layers, flow, natural textures, dainty, pretty things. I also feel joy when wearing a good scallop or ruffle.   

How did you find your personal style? Do you have a signature look? 

I went through a style consultation with House of Colour and it answered a lot of questions for me. We basically find what flatters your body AND what fits with your personality. Putting the two together is so eye-opening for clients because not only do they feel amazing, but they look amazing. I dress completely different from the way I did before my styling at the House of Colour and I feel SO much more confident. 
On a typical day, you could find me in high-waisted jogger jeans, a lacey shirt, lace-up boots, and some dainty gold jewelry. Most of what I wear will be in the spring color wheel and most of my signature looks are thrifted! 

In what way do you influence other people’s clothing style?

I am not sure if I influence as much as I encourage people to live out their own unique fashion coloring and style. I aim to educate people on what colors best enhance their natural features, and what styles showcase their personalities. 

What are in your eyes the best trends at the moment?

I love all the wide-leg pants out there that are breaking up all of our skinny jeans routines.  

What are in your eyes the worst trends at the moment?

Honestly, that’s a hard one, but I don’t think I hate any trend. Each trend speaks to someone and makes them feel amazing. There are some that I leave to other people, trends I would not consider wearing, such as the shacket, because it just doesn’t suit me well. I love to see people rock shackets though, I think they are cute for other people! 

What kind of fashion advice would you give us?

Knowing your color season (Spring, Summer, Autumn, or Winter) is one of the most amazing things you can do for yourself. Getting out of those popular neutrals and incorporating color into your daily outfit will bring a natural radiance and glow to your skin, and you will look and feel amazing when wearing your season’s colors! After that, going through a fashion style analysis is the icing on the cake to help find what outfits work best for your body type and personality! 

Who is your style icon and why?

My style icon would be Taylor Swift. I’m obsessed with her music and her style. She likes shiny things, her style is feminine, but then also has confidence and presence about her.

Is there something else you would like to share with us?

Being fashionable doesn’t have to be expensive. Slow fashion (thrifting) is absolutely the way to go! Most of my wardrobe is thrifted and I feel great every day knowing they are perfect for me while helping the environment, and not spending a ton of money. It can be a win-win for everyone! 


Thank you so much Ashley for answering my questions. I wish the slow fashion trend would have been around when I was a young girl. It would have made my life more fashionable. 

If you feel like reading some more, you can check out my previous fashion stylist interviews 😍

Hope you like my blog.....Until next time.....Have a nice day 

Renata (Seadbeady)

Enjoyed this post? Never miss out on future posts and receive the next blog posts in your Email inbox  

Follow me on Instagram

Follow me on Bloglovin to save posts, create collections, and follow other blogs all in one  

Join me in my Facebook group to get more involved, if you want to be in my next gift guide, or just keep in touch 

Want to be on my blog next time?? Want me to review your product?? Just send me a message.

9 comments:

  1. The pop of color sure does make a difference.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Interesting interview. I think it’s fun to learn about peoples personal opinions and experiences when it comes to things like this. I enjoyed learning that instead of focusing on the brands that she is focusing more on colors, texture and quality when it comes to clothing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. She is really an inspiration, thank you so much for the interview, very insightful.

    ReplyDelete
  4. fashion stylists make lives of people so much better. It's hard to deny power of feeling beautiful and good looking and stylists make you feel way through the work

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a wonderful interview! Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What Interesting Interview, I look forward to seeing more here.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I like how she is a working mom, has kids but pursues her dreams. Like that she uses a lot color in her clothing

    ReplyDelete
  8. I completely agree with the whole loving the wide leg pants trend. I definitely want to buy some for myself. I really enjoyed this interview.

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a great interview! I think I need to book an appointment with her 😉 Thanks for sharing hun <3

    Natural Beauty And Makeup :)

    ReplyDelete

Your reaction will be visible after being approved

How to connect with European Brands or Small shops and Bloggers or Influencers

Hi There.....Would you like to connect with others? Yes..... Cool..... I might have the perfect solution for you..... No..... Ok, I am cool ...