Tuesday 29 August 2017

Confessions of a Seadbeadaholic part 6

So you might have thought that was the end of my story.....sorry to say but you are wrong. 😀

Actually my first real beadworks had a flaw in them, that I discovered only a few weeks later. In the beginning I used a kind of cheap nylon thread. But it didn't last cause after a while it disintegrated spontaneously. I found out the hard way when colleagues who had bought my jewelry came back to me.

So in my honesty I warned other colleagues about this flaw, cause already at that time I wanted my customers to be satisfied, and not be left with their broken pieces. After a while I even started getting their jewelry pieces they bought in stores in order to repair them. I wasn't that fond of it but no is a word that seems so hard to say sometimes.

I couldn't just leave it at that so I started looking for books on beading to make sure I would get it right next time. So I came across this book of the Bead & Button magazine.

And I confess I fell in love with it. Such a great book for beaders. And all the techniques where in there. The most popular ones like brick stitch, herringbone stitch, peyote stitch, right angle weave and many more. And an explanation on materials to use for making beadwork. This was exactly what I needed.

This is one of the bracelets I got from this book that I still make, with an embroidered vine.

https://www.etsy.com/nl/listing/500820527/turquoise-vrouwen-armband-romantisch?ref=listings_manager_grid&langid_override=0

So halfway 2014 I reopened my Etsy Seadbeady shop. And I must say that it was not a complete disaster this time. I did sell about 1 or on a good month 2 pieces. But I was still happy with that. Cause it meant being able to buy some more supplies without having to feel guilty about it.

But enough for today ......... Hope you enjoyed reading .........Until next time ..........Have a great day

Renata (Seadbeady)


<a href="https://www.bloglovin.com/blog/19062377/?claim=grs8nneh9my">Follow my blog with Bloglovin</a>

6 comments:

  1. Fijn dat je toch een stuk of twee stukken kon verkopen! En als mensen je producten leren kennen wordt het vast vanzelf meer.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Goed dat je nu ook een blog bent gestart om meer naamsbekendheid te krijgen. Mooie armband!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Goed dat het deze keer beter ging met je Etsy shop. Mooi dat je dan van de opbrengsten weer nieuwe kralen kon kopen

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wat fijn dat het geen ramp was deze keer. 2 is inderdaad beter dan niets. Alles moet groeien en bekendheid krijgen, zo ook je etsy shop.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Leuk hoor dat je ze nu via je blog dan kunt promoten

    ReplyDelete

Your reaction will be visible after being approved

How to connect with European Brands or Small shops and Bloggers or Influencers

Hi There.....Would you like to connect with others? Yes..... Cool..... I might have the perfect solution for you..... No..... Ok, I am cool ...