The state Belgium was founded in 1830 after the Belgian Revolution, when it separated from the Netherlands. But Belgian history goes much further back. In the prehistoric time the land was populated by different Tribes, like for example the Nervli and the Eburones under Ambiorix reign.
Some facts about Belgium:
- Belgium has more than 800 kinds of beers.
- Per year Belgium produces 220,000 tonnes of chocolate.
- The first skyscraper to be built in Europe was built in Antwerp in 1928.
- Adolphe Sax invented The saxophone was invented in the early 1840's in Dinant.
- A few famous Belgian companies: Côte d'Or, Neuhaus, AB Inbev, Spa, Materne, Vandemoortele, Natan, Delvaux,...